Encounter

I have always hated hospitals. The sick feelings you get in the pit of your stomach, the odor you get from all medicines and you watch people being wheeled out. They can’t even stand up, can’t even carry their own weight. How depressed the envoirment is! People sitting on chairs in front of theaters holding their heads, blood shot eyes and bangs under their eyes.

But then you see the children ward, so peaceful, so inspiring, so warm and so adore worthy.  There small hands. Small and adorable crying sounds. Hearth warming snores. Just the scene that can tear you up.

So here I was standing in front of the nursery. Making my way to my next ultrasound. Toady was the day I will find the sex of the baby. As much I like surprises, I can’t handle it. My stomach was round and I wore a sundress, which flowed just below my breast. I was defiantly growing in breast section too. I hate to wear bra now because they were sore. And I will always feel uncomfortable in clothes. Normally I wore a shirt and my under wear.

 And yeah I got my apartment. So Yay!

My dad was becoming so possessive about me and helping me in every cause and well Maggie fund out when she came back. And let me tell you she was hard to handle and was so mad. She didn’t speak for 4 hours and then she cried about, how much she missed me in those four hours?

I swear she is such a drama queen. She is really getting on my nerves. I have snapped at her a lot of times.

One advice doesn’t annoy a pregnant woman, so back to present.

I am now successfully six months pregnant. So now I was walking to her cabin. As usual she welcomed me in, asked tons of questions and gave me iron medicine and again asked tons of questions. Weight me. And stuff. Seriously she was just getting on my nerves now.

Finally she guided me towards the bed. She asked me to lift my shirt and then squirted some jell on her machine and put it on my round stomach. She moved round and round and my eyes were stuck on the screen. I was looking at my baby’s hands small feet and small face. My baby was adorable and so small. I loved my baby. I was so overwhelmed.  And the little sound of his beating heart was music to my ears, so innocent and so calming.

“You see miss. Katherine, how healthy your baby is and how strong the baby’s heartbeat is. And now let’s see what you have got here. Are you ready for the gender Katharine?” She asked me politely and I am sure my face showed love and bought a smile to her face.

I eagerly nodded my head and turned towards the machine and saw the small nose’s shape and my heart melted. So beautiful. I am going to love my baby.

“Well you are going to have a baby boy. Isn’t it wonderful.” She said with excitement.

I nodded my head and smiled. She gave me pictures. With her doctoral advice to eat healthy and sleep well. And I bit her goodbye and left her cabin.

I thought about Xavier. In the spam of six months, I have thought a lot about him. Didn’t he know he was my first? Did he consider me his regular sluts? How could he? I have even tried to contact him and talk to him but he just is “out of reach”. Yeah! That’s what his secretary said. Well now I can’t do anything. But the heaviness in my chest is over burdened. Maggie has provoked me to talk to him. I was and am too stubborn to talk to him. But he cut me deep with those words. I don’t want him. I just don’t want this baby to be fatherless.

 Yup! I admit I am scared. What am I suppose to say to him when he asks me? That how his father abandoned him? How he thought I was a whore? How will I face it?

I was so focused in my thought t and that I didn’t noticed I have made my way back to my house. And I forgot I had to stop at the mall. So I reversed the car and drove all the way to store. With soft music in back ground. I parked my car and went inside the mall. With head held high. I was not going to put my guards down and be judged. I walked up to baby’s stores to buy few things. I haven’t been shopping. That is if you ignore my dad’s shopping and Maggi’s. Honestly I can survive few years with that, but I just wanted to buy something special. Now I have seen him I was more excited to buy.

As you know I am a very calculated person. I buy with calculation. That’s what my dad taught me. That’s what I learned through my hard life. I am so thankful for that. I learned to cherish everything.

I entered a random baby shop which caught my eye. I walked around until my feet begun to whine.

Yup! Few perks of pregnancy. Yay!

I chose few boy baby suits. The one with cute buttons. One had Winnie the pooh on it. As I am biased Disney fan. I love Piglet the most in those cartoon. But then my eyes were locked to a really cute stuffed toy. Any guesses? A big, when I say “BIG” I mean giant one, Tom. And it was so adorable and I knew he was going to love it.

I walked around to buy some more but nothing caught my attention. I paid and made my way out to get some food. This baby just loves food, and was happy when he gets on time. He just loved honey wings. I personally hated it. But I have a craving for it now. I made my way to food court, Ordered, and sat down on the seat with plate full of honey wings. I was delicious and I was eating it like it’s my last food. After breathing the food, I made my way to rest room and washed my hands and had the urge to pee. I did my business and got out.

Somehow I know something was up! There was unsettling knot in my stomach. Call it mother’s instinct or whatever. But I shrugged it off and instead thought about food, Chinese to be presided. Yeah I had craving now. I will have it for dinner.

My phone ranged breaking my food fantasies and I took my cell out and swiped the code and picked up the call. Not paying slightest attention on who called.

“Hey! What's why didn’t you called after appointment? What’s the gender? Come on spill?” Maggie rambled. God why I have people who rambled a lot. But I suppressed my irritation and replied.

“Sorry got busy. Actually I was on baby shopping. And baby is fine, and it’s a boy” I told her with a smile on my face when I remembered it.

“Wow! That’s great. I can’t believe it! I am so excited” I could see her smile.

“Yeah me too! So much has happened and –OOHH” I shrieked out when I bumped into a man’s torso. He immediately caught me and saved me from falling. My phone slipped from my hand and landed on the tiled floor. But thank God I had protector on it. I was breathing heavily and clung onto my savior for my dear life. I lifted my head up to thank the Man, and immediately met with those grey eyes.  I was greeted by smell of spices, which send shivers down my spines.

But that’s not what made my breath hitch. The way the baby squirmed inside me and kicked for the first time, as his father kept his hand on my swell of the belly for better balance and his other hand on my back to straighten me up.

I stood their shell shocked for few seconds, and then I quickly composed myself and moved away.

“t-thank you” I shuttered and cursed myself for it. I looked on the ground to see my cell chilling on the floor and moved a bit down. But the beat me to it and grabbed my cell and my bags. He straightened up.

I pursed my lips and bit my bottom lip. I retreated my things and murmuring a thank you and apology and made my way out.

Never had I thought I will meet him in this way again. I heard footsteps from behind and turned to see him running my way. I came to a stop and waited for him

“You left this there” were his first words. He handed me a bag containing the soft toys and I gave a grateful smile and turned to walk again. But he calling me out stopped me again.

“Kat! Be careful next time” he said and I nodded and turned around to walk my way back.

I really didn’t want to interact with him.  His face flashes memories I don’t want to remember. Although he never bullied me, but he was a torturer or I should say one of them. I really regretted losing my virginity to him. But now I am sure as hell it was not a mistake, because this baby, whom is growing inside me is anything but a mistake.

I unconsciously rubbed my belly and it calmed me, but thinking back to the way my baby reacted makes me doubt my promise.

Will it be wrong to keep my baby away from his father who rejected him?

  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it? Vote, comment and all that jazz.

Love,

Aliza. J