Chapter 30

The light in my room was dimmed, as the tv played a movie I had no interest in watching.

Two weeks had passed since we last talk. Through that phone call, I mean. So exactly 3 weeks? Yeah, 3 weeks without talking. To be honest, I would be lying if I said I was okay. I am not okay. I'm really trying my best to be but I just can't. I would be talking to a friend or anyone but it was like their lips are moving but no sounds are coming out and all I could do was nodding pretending I actually listen to them.

iKON members had been amazing. They would indirectly updated me about Hanbin's condition because they knew my guts is too big to ask. And that, I'm very grateful for.

What can I do? I'm a fool for him. A love fool.

He's still my boyfriend, the love of my life even if we're fighting.

The person I loved the most for all that matters.

A sinking feeling in me, telling me I am indeed homesick. Yes, I am here with my family so this is called my home but i missed the place; his place, where I called my second home because I was there just as much as I was in mine's. and for that one particular room and that one person.

I had missed him so much and it's felt like dying. His presence is something I'm craving for. It's only been a few weeks but yet, it felt like years or a decade. I miss his ability to make me smiles in my shittiest days, his voices. I would be okay just to hear his voice for a split second.

"SooYeon?"

I heard Oppa voice from the other side of my door. I walk over to the door So I could open the door him.

"Why is it so dark in here?" He asked but I decide to ignore it. He will just question more if I said anything. He wandered a bit before actually saying, "There's a friend downstairs waiting for you,"

My forehead crimped. None of my friends here in America could possibly be close enough to come over to my house, let alone knowing where my house is in the first place.

"Who's the friend?"

"M-Mark. I mean you can only meet him if you wanted to--"

I didn't get to listen to the rest of Joon Oppa's sentence because by that point, I was already shoving passed him and headed downstairs. Maybe because I felt the needs to or maybe because i felt guilty but I found myself running as if my life was depend on it as if it's almost like if I saw him everything would be okay. As if Everything would be less painful.

I had been avoiding Mark Oppa recently for reason that were not reasonable and that is not something anyone should do because it's not okay. He's my bestfriend, someone who was there for me from the start and I know it's wrong to act like this just because he played a small factor in my fights with my boyfriend.

He was sitting on the swing of the front porch of my house when I found him. His aura is different. Something seem different about him. Something is definitely different.

He smiled at me then motioned me to sit down. He look happy and lively and he didn't look pissed that I had been purposely avoiding him. Unlike me, who look very haggard and pitiful.

I joined him on the swing but keeping a small distance and he didn't seem to mind that. No matter how complicated things become, Mark Oppa is still someone whose company I loved.