Five

Youngjae was in the kitchen when Jaebum got out of the shower.

Cook for him, Youngjae thought, I always used to do that. Maybe it could spark something.

He had a huge breakfast made for the two of them. Omelets, fruit, toast, and bacon. Youngjae wanted it to be extra special, hoping to make Jaebum's heart flutter just a bit.

"I made you breakfast," Youngjae said with a reluctant smile as Jaebum walked out from the bedroom and into the kitchen.

He was wearing a Polo v-neck tshirt. His glasses were on but his hair was still wet and messy, the only thing that seemed normal about him.

"Oh," Jaebum said with a blank face, "thank you."

The two sat at the table across from each other. It was silent for many minuets as they ate. Younjae was out of by the way Jaebum was eating. His napkin was set in his lap, he sat up straight, and ate a single item of food at a time, eating the toast first, then the omelet, then the fruit, and finally the bacon.

"So," he started as he finished his food, causing Youngjae to look up at him, "I've decided that if I end up not falling in love with you again in 3 months, I'm going to move into a dorm and live on the universities campus."

Youngjae practically choked on his food.

"What?"

Jaebum didn't reply. He dabbed (don't say anything) his mouth clean with his napkin before setting it beside his plate and standing up.

"Thank you for the food, Youngjae," Jaebum said, taking his dishes to the sink.

Youngjae looked up with hopeful eyes.
"Did you like it?" He asked.

Jaebum nodded, "It was good for a Korean making an Amerian breakfast," he said, making Youngjae's heart sink, "but what they cook over there was much better."

Jaebum walked towards the door, grabbing his school bag on the way.

"Where are you going?" The now, hurt Youngjae said in an almost pleading tone.

"I'm going to the university," he replied, "for summer classes."

Youngjae sank back into his chair and bid him goodbye. He couldn't stand how much he had changed. He basically just insulted his cooking that he had loved before.

As he washed all of the dishes, he wondered why Jaebum was even still living there. What's the point? But what he said made Youngjae all the more determined to reawaken Jaebum's love for him. He won't stop until everything is back to normal. The way it was before he left.

+

I feel like this is a shitty chapter