Sixteen

It had been two days since Jaebum made his promise to Youngjae. And so far, all was well. Although, he hadn't really changed from before, Youngjae saw him completely different. Almost how he saw him two years ago.

The only thing Jaebum did different was plant a small kiss on Youngjae's face at random times and returned the "I love you"s that he received.

But to him they didn't mean anything. And there was no way in hell Youngjae was going to find out about that.

The two went out for lunch together. Something they used to do often before Jaebum went off to America. Youngjae insisted on going, despite Jaebum's many whines and cries to stay home and study for an upcoming test he had.

It was a small cafe that Youngjae loved to go to. It had his favorite foods in the whole city. They sat at a table in the corner by the window, so that they could see the world outside as they ate.

"How's that project you're working on for school going?" Youngjae asked, Taking a sip from his smoothie.

Jaebum nodded while looking off into space, "pretty well actually," he said, "I'm really looking forward to the outcome."

"Why can't you tell me what it's about?" Youngjae whined. It was a project he had started as soon as he got back from America. Jaebum had never told Youngjae the details about it, even though it had been weeks.

"I told you, it's going to be a surprise."

YoungJae rolled his eyes in a playful way.

"Well when's it gonna be done?"

"Mmm, id say about a month and a half."

Suddenly, Youngjae's phone began to ring.

"Who's that?" Jaebum asked.

"Yugyeom," the younger replied.

Youngjae walked off from the main part of the cafe to get to a more quiet place to talk to his friend.

"Hey"

"Hey, Youngjae, where are you?"

"I'm at lunch with Jaebum, why?"

"Oh, uh, I was just wondering."

"Oh, okay. So what's up?"

"I just uh, wanted to see how you've been doing?"

"What do you mean?"

"Like, when you and Jaebum had that fight the other night. Are you okay?"

"Yugyeom, we made up. Everything is fine! In fact, I'm actually really happy!"

"Look Youngjae I need to tell you something..."

"Uh, okay."

"When you and Jae-"

...

"Yugyeom?"

"Oh, sorry, I got a text."

"Oh. So what were you saying?"

"Umm... Actually it's nothing."

"Oh okay."

"Well... I'll see you."

"Okay. Bye..."

Youngjae walked back to the table with Jaebum, slightly confused.

"What was that about?" Jaebum asked.

"I don't know. He was acting so weird. Like he was super nervous or something. He said he wanted to tell me something but then changed his mind."

"Hmm," Jaebum replied with a smile, "well maybe it's for the best."

+

Filler filler filler