Twenty

Jaebum❤️
I know you're mad, but i would still really like it if you came to my project presentation today. It's at noon.

Seen at 10:24am

Youngjae got up. He put clothes on, ate his breakfast, and even though Yugyeom was begging him not to, he walked out the door and took an uber to Jaebum's school.

He didn't really know why he was coming. He didn't know why he had the motivation to leave the house. From all the things that have been happening, he didn't know why he hadn't kicked Jaebum out. He didn't know why he hadn't seen the way He was using him. He didn't know why he kept hanging on to something he knew wasn't going to last.

He also didn't know why Jaebum left. Why he changed. Why everything fell apart. Why he said one thing, but went behind his back and did another.

He didn't know anything. He didn't know Jaebum.

As the car pulled up to the front of the auditorium, Youngjae payed the driver and left car.

He had gotten there just in time, Jaebum was on the stage, a microphone in hand, and a PowerPoint pulled up on a large screen behind him.

He had on a suit. His hair was done nicely, and his glasses made him look more like a 30 something history teacher.

He and Youngjae locked eyes for a split second and Youngjae felt his heart flutter. But he didn't want it to.

Jaebum began his presentation:
(A/n: I am so sorry for what you're about to read
Also, whatever is in the **, that's what's shown on the power point slide)

"So, as most people know, I spent my sophomore and junior year studying abroad in America. As I was there, I did so many things and gained so many experiences and learned so many new things about myself, and the world, that life in Korea got away from me. Including my now ex-boyfriend, Choi Youngjae."
*old picture of Jaebum and youngjae*

Youngjae practically stopped breathing. He knew this was coming, but now that this was how it was happening, it hit him head on. He felt himself get smaller. He felt himself get weaker.

"Youngjae and I had been dating for over two years. We were the happiest any couple could be. But I learned in America that there were things about myself that I needed to change. And I knew that would affect our relationship. But I was curious...
*a picture of Jaebum's plan written out*
I thought, 'maybe I'll be able to stay in this relationship. Maybe the feelings that I've lost will return.'
So that is what this project is about."

It was as if the whole world was collapsing right before Youngjae's eyes. Jaebum wouldn't tell him about this project because he was the project.
And that's why Jaebum always stayed.

"So over the past 3 months that I've been back from the states, I've been living with Youngjae and doing my daily routine as if I had never left"

Youngjae rolled his eyes.

"But about halfway through that time, I decided that it wasn't going anywhere. So I went out. I went places. Places I had never been before... And I met someone."
*picture of Jinyoung*
"This is my current boyfriend. Park Jinyoung."

And tears poured down Youngjae's cheeks, heavier than before. He covered his mouth with his hand to hold back the choked up cries that wanted to fly out. He watched as Jaebum made direct contact with him and smiled deviously, as if he didn't care about Youngjae's feeling at all, which he obviously didn't.
The boy from that club.
The boy from the night before.
It all came together.
Deep down he knew all along but he just refused to believe any of it.
But it was all true.
He wasn't just using him for sex.
He was using his to get a good grade on a midterm project.
He felt like vomiting.
He felt like running away.
He felt like running up on stage and somehow ruining all of Jaebum's hardwork.
He felt like getting as far away from here as possible.
He felt like dying.

"So in conclusion, the emotions I had for Choi Youngjae did not return in the 3 months I had for this project. But in the process, I met someone new who is much more well suited for me, since I found my true being while overseas. Thank you."

Youngjae left.

End
+

I've had this ending planned out since I started this book.

Anyways I might post an epilogue for all of the aftermath. But idk I kinda like this vague ending.

Anyways,
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER OF A BOOK!!!
You've made it my most popular story!

You guys are the best people ever and I love you.
You've given me so much motivation to keep this going and I just can't thank you enough.

I'm sorry for breaking your hearts but I was thirsty for writing angst.

As soon as I finish barefoot I'll be starting a new story that has yet to be determined. I have many ideas.

Once again, thank you so much❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Byes!