Chapter Three: A Date

Chapter Three

          The school was fairly large and we were all senior since Cameron birthday fell in the wrong month and Kayden skipped 1st grade. As we stepped out his truck we walk through the crowded parking lot and into the build saying hi and giving hugs the whole way.

          “And. Where do you go first?” Cameron asked as he leans against the locker beside mine.

          A class I hope he’s not in I tell myself. “AP English,” I say as I glance up at him.

          A smile stretches on his face. “Me too!”

          “How the hell are you in AP?” I nearly shout.

          He chuckle at me and he says, “Just cause I’m good looking doesn’t mean I am a retard,” with a wink and his cocky smile.

          Just after he said that some small short girl comes over towards us with a bag over her shoulder and short shoulder length black hair, she is wearing a flowery dress that makes her green eyes pop. I guess she was pretty in an inanest way.

          “Excuse me,” she squeaks as she stands in front of Cameron.

          “Yes, beautiful?” he asked sinking flirting.

          “You’re in front of my locker,” she practically whispers while a bright shade of pink covers her cheeks.

          Cameron is getting ready to continue flirting with this poor girl, star struck girl when I c decide to step in. “Hi, what grade are you in?” I ask kindly forcing my voice to be nice.

          “9th,” she mumbled and Cameron is shocked. I shut my locker and smile slapping Cameron.

          “She’s too young for you so move,” I say and walk off but of course he’s right behind me.

          His steps finally fell in sync with mine. “You’re such a pig,” I say once he’s beside me.

          “Somebody’s jealous,” he says as he draws out his voice with his good ol’ southern charm.

          “In your dreams,” I laugh and walk into class finding people, or boys to be more precise, eyes glued on me checking me out.

          “Did I mention I like your new look,” Cameron whispers in my ear and I swat his arm.

          “Pig,” I mumble under my breath and take my seat at the front the room. He swiftly sits in the desk behind mine. Will walks into the room with his long brown hair, built body, killer smile. He is sporting some tight faded blue jeans and white shirt with a black jacket. He slides into the seat beside me smiling.

          “Hey Will,” I say as I turn towards him.

          “Hey, Andie,” he says as his eyes fall over my body and I feel Cameron messing with the back of my hair.

          “How was summer?” I ask Will ignoring Cameron.

          “Oh good. I would ask you the same but I can see the answers in front of me,” he smiles and ohmygosh did he just hit on me!

          I laugh and push a strand of hair behind my ear. “I was thinking you want hang out Friday after the game?” he asks and my heart speeds.

          I assume he means as a friend. “Great it’s a date! Will work out the details later,” he says turning from me smiling listening to the teacher begin.