Chapter Twenty-Five: Moving On Alittle at a Time

Chapter Twenty- Five

            Andie’s POV

            “Thanks for the ride,” I say with a kind smile as I grip the door handle.

            “No problem. Want me to stay?” Aaron asks looking at the empty driveway.

            I shake my head and say, “No thanks, I want to be alone.”

            “Ok, but if you need anything don’t hesitate to call or text me,” he says with a smile and I nod my head. Aaron leans over and kisses my cheek.

            “Bye,” I say and get out slamming the door behind me. It was just a friendly kiss on the cheek. Right?

            I go into the quiet house and drop my bag at the bottom of the stairs and walk into the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water and then head out my back door to the barn.

            Cameron’s moved on. He’s back to being a whore. Did he even really care about me? Why do I still love him?

            I think as silent tears slide down my cheeks and I saddle up my horse.  I climb on her back and give her a light kick. She takes off at a run and we go through the hay field and then into the woods. I keep riding until I reach the opening to Cam’s and my spot. I plan to get off and just sit here, that was until I see a figure sitting on the ground, back against the tree, and head rested back on the tree.

            I catch a glimpse of the shaggy light brown hair. My heart aches, I just want to leap off my horse and run over to him and hug him. I can’t though. He’s done with me. So I kick my horse’s side lightly and we spin around and sprint back to the house. I climb off and unsaddle her. Then, I release her into the field.  I whip my eyes and trudge across the porch flinging open the screen door and running through the house and up the stairs.  I slam my bedroom’s door behind me and leap onto my bed. I bury my head into my pillow.

            Why does it have to hurt so much? Was it not enough to lose Cameron but, I have to lose ALL the Peters? Why me? I just need someone to talk to! Now only person I have is my mom and Aaron…

            I pull out my phone and scroll through my contacts, Lexi. She’s not going answer and I cannot handle rejection from her. I keep scrolling, Kayden. He may but, I doubt it. I cannot handle rejection from him either. I continue to look, Braden. No talking to him is what got me into this mess. Well actually it was kissing but same difference it was with him.    I keep scrolling and find Aaron, I cannot bother him again. He probably thinks I am some whiney girl. Gosh this is so difficult. I throw my fun across the room and onto the ground.

            I shut my eyes as tears stream down my face. I feel myself dosing off that is until I hear a knock on my window. I ignore it and continue to lie here. I hear my window open and someone climb in. I freeze scared. I feel the bed dip and I flip over quickly to face my creeper. I freeze when I see that it’s Braden. Braden? BRADEN!

            “Braden?” I ask breathlessly. “What the hell are you doing here?” I say as I set up.

            “I’m tired of being ignored by Cam, Lexi, and Kayden. I’m going crazy and I just want talk to you,” he says using his hands to shake his hair.

            “Braden I lost everything just because we kissed,” I say looking down at my lap.

            “What does it matter? Do you have feelings for me? Be honest?” he asks looking like he’s going somewhere with this.

            Do I have feeling for Braden? That’s weird. I honestly don’t think I do.

            “I love you but it’s just a brotherly love,” I say and he nods his head.

            “Same here! So why does it matter?” he asks not to me more to Cam and them.

            “I don’t know. I wish he’d get over it!” I say and the tears feel my eyes. Braden wraps his arms around me holding me as I shake crying. Braden rubs my back and holds me tightly.

            I will be stronger! This is going to be the last time I cry over Cameron! I tell myself and cry myself tearless.

_-----___-______---__-__---_----

            I wake up and Braden gone. I sigh as I sit up stretching. I climb out of bed and walk over to my closet pulling out a pair of jean shorts and a loose grey hoodie. I get dressed and pull my hair back in a messy pony tail. I slip on a pair of white tennis shoes and grab my bag, phone and keys.

            I run downstairs where my mom is frying some bacon. She sits some on a white plate for me and sits it onto the marble countertop. Grabbing it in my hands and beginning to eat it.

            “How are you honey?” mom asks.

            I sigh. “I’m ok,” I say staring down at my plate. I shove another piece of bacon in my mouth and grab a bottle of water before racing out the house with my stuff. I skid to a stop on my front porch seeing Aaron leaning up against his car looking as hot as ever.

            I slowly walk down the step and across the path towards him raising my eyebrows.

            “What ya doing here Aaron?” I ask confused.            

            “Good morning to you too,” he says with a smile.

            I give him suspicious look and he say, “I’m here to give you a ride,” he says opening the door for me. I look at him carefully but slip into his car anyway.

            He gets into the car and brings it to life. One of his hands were on the wheel and the other on the console. Hmm I moving on so might get started. I reach over and grab his hand holding it. He laces his fingers throw mine. There are no fireworks but little baby zaps.

            I spend the ride concentrating on our hands. Until the car is turned off and I see we are at school. I look at Aaron and smile. He smiles back. I take a deep breath and prepare myself for today.

Hey!!

So whatcha think?

Hmmm!

How do you like!

Want more vote!!!

Comments are nice!!

Teaser: Cam most be crazy!

Update: when ever i get a chance! :)