Chapter Twenty- Eight: Awkward Dinner!!

Chapter Twenty-Eight

             I curl my hair and apply a thin, light, layer of makeup. I put on a light blue spaghetti strap and a short jean skirt. I look good, I guess. I walk down stairs and my mother is sitting the tabling and placing the food on it. I go ahead and grab my seat when I hear the door bell ring. “I’ll get it!” my step-dad calls and the front door opens. I take in a deep breath as the Peters walk into the dining room lead by my step-dad. I shift nervously in my wooden chair and take a quick sip of water.

            Belle and Kasey enter holding hands beside my step-dad. Belle had her hair in a bun and wore a blue knee high dress. As soon as she enters the dining room she disappears to the kitchen where my mom had returned to. Kasey and my step-dad were talking and he has on a blue button down tucked into his wranglers.

            Behind them Braden walks in, but not in his normal cocky way, instead his shoulders where slouched and he looks miserable. His brown hair messy, but hot, his blue eyes sad but, beautiful and he wore a tight black t-shirt and dark blue jeans. He looks up at me and sends me a forced smile as he walks over and sits down beside me. “You look nice,” he whispers in a hoarse voice.

            “You look like hell,” I say back, sadness in my eyes because it’s my fault and I could smell liquor on his breath.

            “Andie, it’s not your fault they are just not speaking to me,” he says with a sad shrug.

            “Yes, it is!” I say shaking my head. How can the not speak to their own brother, because of something so stupid. That wasn’t even his fault!

            He just shakes his head and I hear footsteps enter the room. Lexi has on a tight white dress and her brown hair was in curls. She looks annoyed and I see anger in her eyes. Lexi has always been short tempered. Beside her is Kayden with a smile on his happy go lucky face and he is wearing a navy blue v-neck a with dark jeans. He looks excited, who know why. He looks at me giving me an award winning smile and began to walk towards me. Lexi grabs his wrist though and they exchange a low spoke words and Kayden looks pissed. He then says something shrugging of her hand and came over sitting beside me.

            “Tonight is going be fun!” he says with a evil smile. “Hey Braden! I’m on ya’ll side now I guess,” he says with a chuckle and reaches behind me patting Braden’s shoulder. Braden and I exchange confused looks and then Lexi storms over to the table angrily, yanking a wooden chair out from under the table across from us and sits down folding her thin arms over her chest.

            Is Cameron coming? I ask myself and then I hear footsteps andtake in a sharp breath. In he walks had down so that his light brown hair falls into his amazing hazel eyes, which held dark circles under them. His body looks amazing in that light blue button up plaid shirt and faded blue jeans. I wonder if he knows that’s my favorite outfit of his, my heart aches and I looks down. I hear the chair across from me slide out and then Kasey and my step-dad sit down and finally my mom and Belle sit down too. I look up and end up staring into Cameron’s eyes.

            He looks sad, like he’s going cry and I also see regret. I feel a lump build up in my throat. Awkward! I look away when I hear my mom say something.

            “You kids are all being so quiet. Did we miss something?” my mom asks with a smile. No one spoke. “Cameron I haven’t seen you around lately. Aren’t you and Andie dating?” my mom adds making me shift uncomfortably and blink away tears. Cameron looks uncomfortable too.

            “Um… mom,” I say clearing my throat and trying to get rid the tears. “We broke up,” I choke out. I wish I would have told them this stuff before! Stupid me!

            “Why? You two are made for each other,” his mother ask worriedly.

            “She kissed Braden,” Lexi says bitterly as Cameron stares at the table.

            “Before they stared dating!” Braden says quickly.

            Every one of our parents eyes were looking between Cameron, Braden and I. They look bewildered and then decide to act like we hadn’t said a thing and went back to talking about who knows what. I look around at the disaster I caused and can’t handle it. Tears spill down my face and I push myself from the table and take off running out the back door and through the yard. I hear feet of someone chasing after me and all I do is run faster as tears stream down my fast and sobs escape my mouth.

Awkward!! lol

Hey!

So how'd ya like??

Ideas??

Vote!

Comment!