Chapter 12

AN: Just a quick note to say thank you for reading, it means a lot to me :0) *bribes you with cake from Mycroft anyway* (Also the colour of a particular item mentioned in this chapter is different to the image presented, it was the same design I wanted but gold unfortunately). 

Still Monday.

Having made brunch, I took out a small bag from the cupboard with Merlin's things, a nervous feeling settling in my stomach as I did.

Hm. 

“Ben, can you join me for a sec please?” I asked, he nodded before putting our plates back in the cupboard, having helped washed and dried up. I think he's just being extra nice because quite funnily he has an aversion to cleaning when he feels like it. 

"How can I fascinate you on such a wonderful day?" he asked, a confused stance making its way across my face. 

"You know, most people would just say yeah and wait for whatever it was that their attention was required for." I uttered, folding my arms.

"But then I'm not most people am I?" he asked, smug was the appropriate way to describe his expression now, a faint laugh escaping me.

"No you aren't, has your ego been massaged enough now?" I took his laughter as a yes.

"It has been, although it's been massaged a few times in the last few hours" he uttered, my eyes widening.

"Ben! Shush! God!" I blushed, his laugh mirroring mine.

"What? You're...very attentive."

"Bloody hell Ben just stop talking, I'm glad we click in the bedroom but god please, I think if the cupboards had ears they'd cover them cringing! There's only so much innuendo I can take!" 

"It was a poorly executed compliment but you were saying?" he asked, sitting in the stool opposite me at the island, a faint laugh escaping me before I thought back to what I was going to say.

“I didn't exactly get to give you this, I’ve been meaning to give it to you ages ago, I mean it's only little and I meant to give it to you around your birthday but I chickened out because I suppose the timing would be bad.” I said handing him a small gift box.

"Bad timing?" He asked, curiosity written on his face as he opened the small box, a faint smile on his face a moment later. 

"Rosie, this is lovely, thank you." He took out the black woven Sami bracelet, smiled for a moment and put it on. 

"You're very welcome, I'm glad you like it. Do you?" I asked, he nodded for a moment before coming over to my side.

"Rosie?" he asked, leaning on the island.

"Hm"

"The teeny, tiny engraved date on the clasp. What is it representative of? Is it the date it was made? Do you know?” He asked, the nervous feeling in my stomach making itself known again. 

“I do know” I paused for a moment, he faintly smiled waiting for me. Waiting waiting waiting. 

“Honestly, and please don't laugh but as silly as it seems it’s um the date I suppose I fell for you, literally by the way; I was walking Merlin and bloody fell flat on my face after tripping over him having lost my concentration thinking about you. Believe me Merlin wasn’t impressed either, it took quite a few belly rubs to be on his good side again” I tucked some hair behind my ears and he simply chuckled for a moment.

"The date you literally fell for me?" he asked, an eyebrow raised, eyeing the clasp again.

"Yes, I know it sounds silly and I feel a bit-" I almost said before he interjected.