Chapter 27

We arrived at Kenwood House, Hampstead Heath where guests and family members alike walked around, admiring the old master paintings.

Family photos are taken and then we’re excused to leave Fran and Andy to take their own photos.

“This is simply stunning.” I said as I walked around with Ben and Finn, admiring the tiny intricate details on each painting. We walked and talked about the artists and the paintings for some time before being called to the main reception.

“Ladies and gentlemen, if you would please like to accompany me to the grand hall.” Alfred, the head of house projected. Upon entering the grand hall, we were greeted with a sight similar to the great hall in Hogwarts, if the Yule ball were in summer.

The reception continues with speeches, a three course meal, Finn’s band performing for the night and guests dancing the night away, after a teary first dance for Andy and Fran. A while later myself, Ben, Alex and Genevieve are talking at the bar as we sip on cocktails. Shortly after Henry and Ava come over, having left Eoin in Percy’s capable arms. As me and Ava talk and Ben, Alex and Henry chat in a small circle mum and dad can be heard from over my shoulder, talking with my uncles (his brothers) Edgar, and Francis, and some family friends. Dad obviously louder than anyone else. “Benedict, Ben is honestly one of the loveliest people we’ve known and he and my little Rosie just adore each other. 

He’s so talented and we recently saw STID (star trek into darkness) for the third or so time and he was just phenomenal, we can’t wait for his new projects, his portrayal of Sherlock is just mesmerising. We’re really proud of him, he’s honestly part of the family.” Dad said with a big smile. “He is honestly just brilliant. We couldn’t wait to meet him when Rosie first brought him round nearly a year ago and we’ve just adored him ever since. His parents are undeniably wonderful people too. He’s an absolute credit to them.” Mum added as they all smiled. 

I saw Ben’s eyes begin to water so I went over to him. “Are you okay? I heard what they said too.” I said smiling. “We all did, and they’re not wrong Ben, you’re wonderful, definitely a part of the family.” Ava smiled as I wiped his eyes, he was utterly speechless as ‘rule the world’ by take that played in the background. “I’m okay, that’s just such a lovely thing to hear.” He said with the biggest smile. “I’ve gotta agree Ben, you’re stuck with us I’m afraid.” Alex said embracing him and Ben just smiled warmly, as we all laughed a little. 

The evening progresses and as the night draws to an end guests start to leave as we all say our goodnight’s to Andy and Fran…

“This has been, quite a wonderful day to say the least Rosalind. I’m rather overwhelmed by just how close both families are.” Ben smiled as we walked around Kenwood House gardens, our fingers entwined.

“It really has been, it’s like today was a dream come true for everyone; especially Fran and Andy.” I smiled as we made our way up to a balcony overlooking the entire garden.

In placing my bag on a nearby bench we just looked over the expansive gardens as they were lit up by what looked like miles and miles of fairy lights. I folded my arms over the balcony, mesmerised by the unquantifiable beauty before us as Ben stood next to me and did the same. 

“I think I’m lost for words, today’s been so touching, I can only imagine how Frandy are feeling.” I smiled. “I imagine they’re two of the happiest people in the world right now, as am I.” he added as we turned to look each other in the eyes, Ben holding me closer than usual with his arms around my waist.

“I’m going to use my second coupon of today now. It says ‘Reveal one fact about yourself and have one revealed to you’ and now feels like a perfect time.” He said and I nodded, wondering what he could’ve had on his mind.