Chapter 26

30 minutes later…

Hoards and hoards of relatives and friends alike of both sides of the family start gathering in front of the church; myself, Ben, Finn, Alex, and Percy talk amongst ourselves as our parents and Fran’s parents ushered people in, saying hello along the way, dads voice obviously louder than anyone else’s, which made me giggle a little to myself.

“How the fuck we weren’t deafened as children I’ll never know, I do love him though.” Finn jokingly said pulling out a pack of cigarettes, as did Alex.

“Wait, Finn- since when did you smoke? I know Alex smokes like a chimney.” I laughed as they lit up.

“Probably since I was about 17 I think, yeah something like that. Then again you wouldn’t know what I got up to at school, I don’t do it often though which is why you probably never noticed.” He winked.

“You’re clearly gagging for a cig sis, go on and have one.” He laughed, hovering the pack in my face.

“Not that I ever smoked as much as you two, I don’t smoke anymore (I stopped about a year ago) actually to Mrs Hudson’s delight, and even if I still did I would rather mum and dad didn’t see.” I said as Ben planted a little kiss on the side of my head which made me smile.

“Yeah right, I bet you chained a whole pack this morning.” Percy joked as Ben laughed.

“It’s so awkward being the youngest sometimes though, I feel like I can’t just do what I want like you guys around them.” I said.

“Aww baby.” Percy joked and Finn punched him the arm much to my delight. 

A few minutes pass…

“Well we don’t care what you do, we understand what you mean though. It’s just awkward being someone’s kid point blank at times.” Alex said as Finn nodded and Percy agreed, and we chatted for some more time as everyone else went inside.

“Right, we’re gonna pop inside now and give Andy a ribbing for getting married.” Alex winked as he headed inside.

“Youngest, smongest, do what you want regardless of mum or dad's opinion.” Finn said as he pulled his RayBan aviators off and popped them in his suit jacket and headed inside with Percy who pretended to rock a baby as he walked in.

“Fancy looking for Fran?” I asked Ben. “Sure, but wait.” He said.

“What’s up?” I replied. “You might be 'the baby' in your parents’ eyes, but Finn and Alex are right, you should just do what you want when you want to. I for one know you’re a phenomenal person who isn’t defined by the order in which she was born. Okay?” He smiled. “Okay.” I replied and smiled as he took my hand in his and we headed to the chamber Fran was in with her bridesmaids. “Knock knock.” I said. “Come in Rosie.” Fran replied as I opened the door.

“My goodness, you look absolutely stunning!” I beamed as we embraced. “Hi girls, you all look really beautiful too.” I said to Fran’s sisters Bellatrix and Poppy, and her best friend Genevieve.

“Hi Rosie.” They all smiled as we shared a group hug. “I’m sorry Ben, Ben these are Fran’s lovely sisters Bellatrix and Poppy, and Fran’s best friend Genevieve; girls this is Benedict.” I said as they all shook his hand.

“It’s lovely to meet you Benedict, we’re quite fond of you as Sherlock so we’re really excited to meet you.” Bella said.

“That’s lovely to hear, thank you. Everyone I’ve met today is so lovely.” Ben beamed as he rubbed my back. “Take a seat you two, it’ll be about half an hour before I have one last panic attack and head up the aisle.” Fran joked as we sat down and Genevieve laughed softly.