The Big 27.

(( Thanks, 19ScottThePhoneGuy87 for this beautiful fanart! Lookit that scooty cutie

(if you've done fanart and you haven't seen it published yet pls let me know.) ))

"So glad you could make it," Scott grinned as he opened the door, ushering his guests inside.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world," Kayla grinned, her blue eyes sparkling. She was linked arms with a boy who looked distinctly unimpressed, his black, emo-style hair flopping over his dull hazel eyes.

"This is my new boyfriend!" She poked him in the stomach playfully. "I said he just had to come and meet you. I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not. The more, the merrier!" Scott smiled, holding his hand out cheefully. "Nice to meet you. I'm Scott."

"I'm Blake," the acne-ridden boy flipped his hair, his hands remaining firmly stuffed into his grey hoodie's pockets.

"Uh..." Scott awkwardly took his hand away again. "W-Well... good to have you here." He shot Kayla a meaningful glance. This was the best you could do?

"Heh..." Kayla half smiled, half cringed back, looking very uncomfortable. "A-Anyway, Scott... You're looking dashing, as usual."

"Oh, thank you," Scott smiled much more genuinely this time. "I was worried it was a little formal," He looked down at his suit. "Geez, I feel like all I ever wear is suits. Anyway, if you like this, you should see Vincent. He's looking very dapper, as always. We've got matching ties."

"That's cute," Kayla smiled back. She held eye-contact with Scott for a long time, before suddenly dropping her gaze, "Uh, anyway. Where do we put gifts?" She held out a little, finely wrapped present, that was almost entirely spherical.

"You shouldn't have!" Scott took the parcel from the girl, surprised by how heavy it was. "I love it already! We can put it right at the end of the dining table. Come on, it's much nicer in there, anyway."

Scott started towards the dining room, Kayla dragging Blake alongside. Vincent had gone to a lot of trouble to set the table with all the best cutlery, and bought only the finest red wine. Apart from Kayla and her - uh, interesting  - boyfriend, Jeremy, Fritz and some of Scott's friends from outside of work had managed to come at the last minute.

He'd tried texting Oliver, but got no response.

He walked over to the end of the table and gently placed down the neatly-wrapped present among the other gifts and cards that he'd collected throughout the day, "There! Perfect." He looked down the table happily. Everything was exactly right.

He jolted suddenly when a pair of hands grabbed his hips, and he was pressed up against a warm body.

"Your parents are here," Vincent muttered into Scott's ear.

Scott noticed Blake look the two up and down, and turn to whisper something to Kayla, who - after a moment's hesitation - nodded. Blake turned back to face them, looking mildly disgusted.

Heh. Don't like gays, huh? Then you certainly won't like this... Scott turned his head and pecked Vincent's lips softly, "Thanks, hon. You can show them in here."

Vincent smiled, nuzzling into him before taking a step back, and walking off to go find Robin and Andrew.

Scott hummed and watched him go, before he looked back at Kayla, "He's so dreamy."

Kayla chewed on her lip for a moment, "Not quite my type. But I'm so, so glad to see that you two are really happy. It warms my heart to know that... although I can't look after you, at least someone else can."

Scott smiled, "That's very sweet of you to say. And I want you to know that if..." His eyes slid over to Blake quickly and back again, and he cleared his throat, "You ever had your heart broken... I'm always here for you. You mean a lot to me, Kayla."

Any further conversation was broken off when Robin bustled into the room, instantly gasping, "There's my little otter! Naw, come here you! Don't you look all handsome in that suit..." She waddled over,  grabbing Scott's face in her hands and just examining him. "Oh, my baby boy, all grown up..."

"Mom!"  Scott whined. "I'm 27, not 17... Stop doing that kind of stuff!"

"Oh, yes, right, right," Robin let go of him and took a step back, still gazing at him proudly.

Scott rolled his eyes, "So anyway, where's Linda and Dad? I haven't seen them yet."

"Linda was coming separately from us. Apparently she had a date with that lovely boy, Michael, just before tonight's dinner," She beamed. "Both of my children in happy relationships! Meanwhile, your father was asking Vincent about that piano of his. You know how he's a sucker for anyone that can play the piano."

"Ooh!" Scott lit up instantly, "Oh, we have to go see if Vincent's going to play. He's amazing at it! He's been teaching me recently, but..." Scott trailed off. There's never much teaching going on... He shrugged, grinning, "C'mon, we better go see!"

He started towards the dubbed "piano room" excitedly, turning to see that Kayla had stayed rooted in place. "Come on, Kay! Vincent's really good at piano."

He saw Blake grab her arm a little tighter, and Kayla flashed him a weak smile, "Oh, I'm good, thanks. Blake's not really into classical."

Scott's grin faded slightly. He gave Kayla a concerned look, "Okay then... but... I'm sure Blake could wait out here for a moment if you do decide to join us, alright?"

Kayla nodded eagerly and Scott frowned just slightly, before turning around and leading his Mom to the piano room.

((Thanks _xXTrooperXx_ for this amazing fanart! Sorry I didn't upload it sooner ;-; ))