How To Pretend.

((when u watch yoi all day and keep spelling vincent's name as victor-

ASDFG AND SCOTT'S AS YURI STOP IT BRAIN))

Scott pried Vincent's hand off of his mouth as soon as they knew they were safe, kicking the breaker room door shut, "You... came back for me." His voice was distant, almost robotic. He was honestly in disbelief. 

"Of course," Vincent muttered, pressing a kiss into Scott's hair, "I wasn't going to leave you behind. You're the only person on this Earth I can safely say I would miss if you were gone." 

Scott half-smiled to himself, and pushed himself out of Vincent's arms. He stood up, looking around, "Somehow, I don't have trouble believing that." 

"Are we safe?" Vincent asked, climbing to his own feet, "I thought I heard something in here before, but I wasn't sure." 

"There's no animatronic in here," Scott said by way of reply - he wasn't sure there was such a thing as 'safe' in this place, "Or at least, there shouldn't be. It was probably just a mouse," Scott walked over to the  centre of the small room. All the lights were out - he could barely see a hand's width in front of him, save for the small red buttons of the control panel blinking out at him, "We have to reset the power. There should be a panel somewhere..." 

Scott got down on his knees to search the ground around and promptly felt every muscle in his body freeze. His ears pricked and his breath hitched. 

"Vincent," Scott hissed, "Was that you?"

"No," came the reply, as breathless and wary as Scott's question, "I thought it was you."

Scott let out the breath he'd been holding and slowly pushed himself onto his feet, "Okay. That... was definitely not a mouse, then." 

"Well, hello again!" 

Scott screamed and leapt back from the control panel, slamming into the back wall of the breaker room. At the same time, the lights in the room flickered on, and the leering maw of Funtime Freddy became illuminated across the room. 

"Scott!" Vincent growled at him, taking a step back towards the door, "I thought you said there were no more animatronics! Is this one sound activated, too?"

"No," Scott whispered, his eyes trained on the animatronic. Its eyes were moving, slowly gliding between Scott and Vincent and back, "This one can see us. It's already too late." 

"I-I-I s-see you over there in th-th-the da-ark! Come on o-out and play!" Funtime Freddy laughed, as though to solidify Scott's point. His voice jolted and shuddered, changing pitch and glitching, perpetually cheerful like a maniac's. It must have been broken. Broken and moved to the breaker room in-between repairs. 

"Okay. Then... how do we stop it? C'mon, Eggs must have told you something. You're our last chance here, Scott," Vincent shook him back into the real world, shuffling over until he was beside him, "Every animatronic must have its kill switch. What's his?"