Beginnings.

Scott pushed Vincent away, panting, "Mm, Vincent?"

"Yeah, hon?~" Vincent let himself examine Scott's form. He was dishevelled; his hair sticking out in random directions, and his face dusted with pink. Adorable, as usual.

"How the hell did we go from talking about which one of the gay ghosts we'd kiss to this?"

Vincent chuckled, leaning down and kissing Scott's lips, "That's a weird thing to think about while we're making out, hon."

"Honestly, though!" Scott grinned back, "I think it started when you said if I were a ghost you'd kiss me. Which, by the way, is the worst pickup line I've ever heard."

"Aw, come on, it worked, didn't it?" Vincent joked, "Because here we are."

Scott laughed, leaning up to capture Vincent's lips once again in a soft kiss, "Mm..." He pulled away, "I love you, Vincent."

"I know," Vincent pushed Scott's fringe out of his face, tracing over his forehead with the back of his knuckles, "I love you, too, Scott. So much."

Scott hummed happily, reaching up to place his own hand on top of Vincent's, "You know, I almost prefer this to sex. Just... relaxing, and being romantic, and cuddles, and snuggles, and stupid cheesy pick up lines about gay French ghosts."

"You know what?" Vincent smiled, "Me too. Almost. The other thing's pretty good, too."

Scott smiled, tilting his head, "You know, once upon a time, I told Mike if you ever loved me for who I really was, I'd marry you."

"Oh?" Vincent leaned down, rubbing his nose against Scott's, "Well then, when's the wedding?"

"Whenever the laws change and gay guys are allowed to get married," Scott reminded him. "Which doesn't seem to be any time soon." He paused, "I wonder how Kayla and Oliver are doing?"

"Eh. They probably went to bed ages ago..." Vincent grinned, and lowered his voice, "Which reminds me... If everyone's asleep, maybe we could slip in a quick-"

"No, if they'd gone to bed we would have heard it," Scott muttered, apparently oblivious to anything Vincent had said. "We watched an entire movie. Maybe we should go check on them."

Vincent frowned, "Why do we need to check on them? What could have gone wrong, they both decided on committing a double suicide? They're not our kids, Scott. We don't have to bother about them." He leaned in for a second attempt at his end goal, "Anyway, the only thing on my mind is-"

"I don't know, Vincent," Scott whined, "I really think we should make sure they're alright."

"Ugh," Vincent grimaced, but finally rolled off of Scott, "You're like an overprotective Mum. Dork. You're more worried about Mr. Hot and Mexican Oliver's wellbeing than you are about your own boyfriend's needs."

Scott snorted, "I know exactly what your needs, are, Vincent, and I'm afraid Kayla comes first. I need to make sure Blake hasn't sent out that link as some kind of revenge for us kicking him out of the house."

"Fine," Vincent drawled, "But if I'm asleep when you come back, that's all your fault."

Scott chuckled, shaking his head, "You're so immature, Vincent." He shuffled out of the bed, brushing a hand quickly through his hair. He was glad it wasn't long like Vincent's. He never brushed it; it was always tangled. Scott had offered to start brushing it for him, but the look Vincent had given him was answer enough.

He walked over to the door carefully so as not to wake up his family, who were sleeping in the room down the hallway, the one adjacent Mike's old room. He swung it open as quietly as he could manage and turned back to Vincent, "Love you, Vinny. I'll be right back."

"Hmph."

Scott grinned and stepped out of the room, closing the door behind him silently. Deny it as he might, Vincent was cute when he was sulking. Everything seemed to be silent from downstairs. Scott leaned over the banister, trying to hear anything from the kitchen, but he already knew he wouldn't have been able to. He tiptoed over to the stairs and started down them, making sure not to step on any of the spots he knew creaked.

Finally, he stepped onto the cool tile at the bottom of the stairs. Geez, it was colder down here than it was in his bedroom. He hugged his arms to his chest and glanced over at the kitchen entrance. He couldn't see or hear anything.

It came to Scott's mind that Oliver and Kayla must have fallen asleep. He smiled at the thought. At least some people were going to have a good night's sleep, tonight. He edged over to the kitchen, and peered in through the door.

Oh.

Scott's eyes widened at the scene: Oliver's eyes were closed, his lips pressed gently against Kayla's, who was standing with her hands frozen mid-air, as though she hadn't been expecting the sudden kiss. As Scott watched, she slowly regained her senses, winding her arms around Oliver's waist.

He tried to edge inconspicuously out of the room, but at that moment, Oliver's eyes opened and he saw Scott. He pulled away from the kiss quickly, flushing. "Uhh, er..."

Kayla blinked at him, "Oliver...?" She saw where he was looking and turned, spotting the half-naked Scott staring at them both awkwardly. "Oh! S-Scott!"

"Uhh," Scott held his hands up, "Sorry, I didn't mean to... to walk in on anything."

"You didn't," Oliver said quickly. Too quickly. "There's nothing going on."

"Uh... huh," Scott swallowed, bobbing his head in agreement, "So... are... you two a thing?"

Kayla and Oliver glanced at each other quickly, and both burst out into shy smiles. They looked away.

"I'm not sure," Oliver said, his eyes roaming over to Scott and landing on his naked upped half. "I'm not completely over... uh... my last crush."

"A-and, I'm not completely over my last relationship... or my last crush," Kayla mumbled.

"But..." Oliver continued, "Maybe... with a little bit of time, and patience, and caring..."

"And a little bit of getting to know each other... Maybe... it might just... be a thing," Kayla finished for him.

They both broke into nervous giggles, each one of them blushing at their own feet. The sight of it made Scott smile. It looked like he'd just caught the start of something that could turn into something very beautiful, given the right conditions.

"That's good, you guys. That's very good," Scott grinned adorably (not noticing the way that both Oliver and Kayla swooned a little bit), "Just remember to go to bed soon, it's almost 1am already."

"Alright. I'll keep it in mind," Oliver smiled back.

He'd come a long way, thanks to Scott.

(( THIS CHAPTER IS 1111 WORDS THIS IS MAAAAAAAAAGICAL

AlsooooOOo I think I should write a chapter of Oliver's point of view of what happened just before Scott walked in *wink wonk* would any of you like that? ))