5

Carter And Dior Were Sitting Backstage At The Ellen DeGeneres Show Preparing For Carter's Appearance.

Dior's Outfit

Carter's Outfit

Carter's Outfit

"You Nervous?" Dior Asked Him.

"Slicc." Carter Chuckled. "This Is My First TV Show Appearance."

"Don't I Know, But Hey...Don't Be Nervous. You're Gonna Be Great." She Said, Giving Him An Assuring Smile. He Returned The Smile As He Sat Back And Admired Dior. He Was About To Ask Her A Question, But A Knock On The Door Interrupted That.

"Come In." Him And Dior Said At The Same Time. The Producer Walked In And Smiled At Carter.

"Are You Ready Mr. Harris?" She Asked. He Nodded As He Stood Up And Adjusted His Clothes.

"Wish Me Luck." He Said To Dior.

"Good Luck." She Said. He Followed The Producer Out Of The Room As Dior Watched The Show On The Flat Screen TV.

"Everyone Welcome Carter Harris!" Ellen Said. The Crowd Clapped As Carter Made His Way On To The Stage. He Gave Ellen A Hug And A Kiss On The Cheek Before Taking A Seat.

"So Carter...You're A Brand New Artist That's Just Now Coming Out. How Is That Going?" She Asked.

"So Far...Everything Is Going Great. I'm Finishing Up My New Album That Should Drop In About Two More Weeks." He Said.

"That's Great. I Heard Your New Song And I Can Honestly Say That You Are Very Talented. What Made You Want To Become A Singer?" She Said.

"Well Thank You. I Grew Up Around Music. My Uncle Use To Have A Group Back When I Was Like Eight Or Nine And I Thought He Was Going To Make It In The Music World. Unfortunately...He Lost A Battle With Cancer And Died A Few Days After My Tenth Birthday." Carter Said. Dior Was Shocked To Find Out About That Information. She Could See The Pained Look In His Eyes, And She Knew Exactly What He Was Going Through.

"I'm Sorry To Hear That." Ellen Said.

"It's Okay. His Memory Lives On In My Heart And He Is The Reason Why I'm Pursing This Music Career." He Said.

"Well I'm Sure You Are Making Your Uncle Proud. Your Song Is Skyrocketing Into The Number One Spot And I Can't Wait To Hear The Rest Of Your Album." She Said.

"I Can't Wait For The World To Hear It." Carter Said.

"I Can Only Imagine. By The Way, You Are Very Handsome. I'm Sure All The Beautiful Ladies Want To Know If You're Single Or Not?" She Said.

"Well Ladies...Yes I Am Very Much Single." He Said. The Ladies "Ohhhed" And Clapped While Carter Smirked.

"You Heard It Here First Ladies. We're Gonna Go To Commercial And When We Come Back, Carter Is Going To Perform His New Song For Us. We'll Be Right Back!" She Said. The Crowd Clapped As The Director Yelled "CUT!" Carter Gave Ellen Another Hug Before Going Backstage To Prepare For His Performance.

*

After Carter's Performance Ended, The Crowed Cheered As He Headed Off Stage.

"You Did Great!" Dior Said, Hugging Him Tight.

"Thanks Ma." He Said.

"Don't Call Me That." Dior Said, Frowning.

"Damn My Bad Dior." He Said, Putting Enfaces On Her Name. She Rolled Her Eyes As They Gathered There Things And Headed Outside To The Town Car That Was Waiting Out Front.

"So Miss Publicist...How Did I Do For My First Live TV Appearance?" He Asked As They Got Settled Into The Backseat.

"You Did Really Good. You Were Very Cool, Calm, And Collected. And Your Performance Was Great." She Said.

"You Just Saying That Ain't Ya?" He Said.

"No I'm Serious. If You Were Bad...Then I'd Tell You That You Were Bad." She Said. He Laughed.

"Damn! Won't Spare A Nigga Feelings Or Nothing?" He Said.

"Nope." She Said. He Laughed And Shook His Head.

"So What's Next?" He Asked.

"You Have A Photoshoot In The Next Hour For Your CD Cover, And Then You're Going To A Taping To Be On That Show The Real." She Said.

"I Didn't Bring A Change Of Clothes Though. I Can't Be Seen On Two TV Shows With The Same Outfit!" He Said. Dior Was In The Middle Of A Text Message As She Looked Over At Him.

"Have A Little Faith In Me Carter. You Are Suspected To Have An Outfit Change At Your Photoshoot So Just Pick Your Favorite Outfit And We'll Go From There." She Said, Looking Back Down At Her Phone. Carter Bit Down On His Bottom Lip And Chuckled. Dior Refused To Look Up At Him Because She Didn't Want To Get Sucked Into His Charming Good Looks.

"I'm Glad I Hired You, D. You Stay On Your Shit." Carter Said, Throwing His Arm Around Her Shoulder.

"As Long As You Know. Now Move Your Heavy Ass Arm." She Said, Moving His Arm Herself.

(Next Chapter Will Be A Massive Time Jump!)