12

Dior And Carter Stared At Each Other For What Seemed Like Forever. Carter Had Guilt Plastered All Over His Face As He Slid His Hands In His Pockets.

"What Are You Doing Here?" Dior Said, Softly.

"I Came To See You. You Left The Party So Quick That I Didn't Have A Chance To Talk To You." He Said.

"I'll Text You Your Schedule Tomorrow."

"This Isn't About My Schedule D!" He Said.

"Then Why Are You Here?"

"I Wanted To Come Explain Myself." He Said.

"Carter You Are A Grown Ass Man. You Don't Have To Explain Yourself To Me Or Anyone Else." She Said.

"True, But I Owe You Some Type Of Explanation." He Said. She Sighed As She Stepped To The Side And Invited Him In. They Sat In Her Living Room And Stared At One Another In Silence.

"So?" Dior Said, Breaking The Silence.

"Dior...Our Last Conversation Ended Badly And I Could Tell That Our Relationship Changed. I Don't Want You To Think That I Just Took Your Innocence And Left You Here So I Could Pursue Another Relationship. So Here's The Thing...The Day I Left For The Tour, Lisa Was Already On The Bus. I Wasn't Messing With Her At First, But She Grew On Me Over The Last Few Months. We Started Out Dating, One Thing Led To Another And Now Here We Are." He Said. Dior Just Looked At Her Freshly Manicured Nails, Not Even Interested In The Conversation At Hand.

"Really?" He Said. She Looked Up At Him.

"What Do You Want Me To Say Carter? Oh...Congratulations On Your Engagement? That's Not Going To Happen!" She Said.

"Can You Please Just Be Happy For Me?" He Asked, Looking Into Her Eyes. Her Eyes Swelled Up With Tears.

"No. No I Can't." She Cried. Carter Sighed As He Leaned Over And Wiped Her Tears Away. She Couldn't Help But Cry Harder As He Continued To Wipe Her Tears Away.

"It's Been Six Months D." He Said.

"I Know, But You Don't Understand. You Were My First Love. I Gave You My Virginity And I...I..." She Stopped Talking As She Looked Away.

"You What?" Carter Asked, Noticing How Hesitant She Had Become. The Truth Is, Dior Had A Secret That She Hasn't Told Anyone. Not Even Erica.

"A Few Weeks After We Stopped Talking...I...I Found Out I Was Pregnant." She Said. Carter's Heart Stopped As He Stared At Dior. Did He Just Hear Her Correctly?

"So...You're Pregnant?" He Asked Her. She Shook Her Head As She Covered Her Faced And Cried Harder.

"I Had A Miscarriage!" She Sobbed Loudly. Carter's Heart Dropped To The Pit Of His Stomach. He Wrapped His Arms Around Dior And Held Her As He Cried.

"Why Didn't You Call Me?" He Said, As The Tears Fell From His Eyes.

"I Didn't Want You To Think I Was Lying!" He Kneeled Down In Front Of Her And Grabbed Her Face.

"I Wouldn't Have Thought You Were Lying." He Said. He Leaned In And Slowly Kissed Her Lips. Oddly Enough...A Vulnerable Dior Kissed Him Back. They Kissed For A Good Two Minutes Before Dior Pushed Him Away.

"Stop." She Said. She Didn't Want To Be Like Those Stupid Girls That People See In The Movies. Carter Cleared His Throat As He Sat Back Down.

"I'm Sorry. I'm Going To Leave." He Said. She Nodded As She Walked Him To The Door. He Turned And Looked At Her.

"I'm Sorry You Had To Go Through That Alone." He Said. She Nodded As He Walked Away And She Closed The Door. The Tears Resumed As She Pressed Her Back Against The Door And Slid Down To The Floor.

Carter Began Crying On His Way Home And He Had No One To Blame But Himself. Though He Already Regretted Telling Dior That He Just Wanted To Be Friend, He Really Regretted It Now That He Knew She Was Pregnant With His Child. When He Got Home, He Headed Into His Home Studio And Sat Down At His Electric Piano. He Figured That Lisa Was Asleep So He Was Going To Just Write All His Feelings Down In A Song And Turn It Into A Platinum Album.

Lisa Was Standing Outside Of His Studio As She Pressed Her Ear Against The Door And Listened To Carter Cry And Sing His Sad Song. She Wondered Where He Had Snuck Off To And Why He Was Crying, But She Couldn't Bring Herself To Knock On The Door And Go In To Ask. She Wanted To Go In There And Comfort Him, But She Decided Against It. She Just Sighed And Headed Back Upstairs To Their Room.