37.

Dior Was Beaming With Excitement About Being A Newly Engaged Woman. She Wasn't Expecting Carter To Propose So Soon, But Little Did She Know...He Had Been Planning This For Awhile Now.

"Did You Like Your Surprise Proposal?" He Asked As They Made Their Way To The Car.

"Of Course! And I Can't Wait To Go Home And Celebrate, But First We Need To Make A Stop At The Hospital."

"The Hospital? For What?" He Asked.

"King Tried To Kill Himself And I Need To Go Check On Him."

"So...You're Putting Our Engagement Celebration On Hold Because Of That Nigga?" He Questioned, Furrowing His Eyebrows.

"Yes Carter." She Answered, Dryly. "I Just Want To Make Sure He's Okay." Carter Huffed As He Opened The Car Door For Her, Before Sliding In Next To Her.

"Aye B. Hospital Please." Carter Instructed His Driver.

*

Lisa Had Tears Streaming Down Her Face As She Cried Quietly In The Hospital Waiting Room. She Still Hadn't Heard Anything About King Yet And She Was So Scared And Worried That Her Friend Wouldn't Make It.

"Lisa?" She Heard Someone Say. She Looked Up And Saw Dior And Carter Walking Towards Her. "How Is He? Is He Okay?"

"Why The Hell Are You Here? This Is All Your Fault Anyways!" Lisa Shouted At Dior.

"Chill Your Ass Out!" Carter Retorted,  Glaring At Lisa.

"How Is It My Fault?" Dior Asked.

"I Don't Have To Do Shit So Don't Speak To Me!" She Snapped At Carter. " And You're The Reason Why He Tried To Kill Himself! He Poured His Heart Out To You And You Shot Him Down! You Fucking Killed Him!"

"Wow Really? You Sound So Stupid,  But I'm Not Even About To Go There With You. Stupid Ass Girl!" Dior Spat. Lisa Couldn't Help But To Notice The Huge Diamond Ring That Sat Proudly On Dior's Ring Finger.

"Wow!" Lisa Laughed

"Wow!" Lisa Laughed. Both Dior And Carter Glared At Her As She Crossed Her Arms. "How Do You Call Off One Engagement And Then Get Reengaged? And How Come Her Ring Is Ten Times Bigger Than Mines Was?"

"Why Are You So Mad At Me? If Anything, You Should Be Mad At Yourself! Do You Hate Me So Much That You Had To Hire Someone To Be With Me So I Would Stay Away From Carter? OR...Do You Hate Yourself For Sleeping With The Same Man You Hired And Getting Caught? Losing A Good Man And All The Perks That Come With Him! Let's Put It In Terms That You May Or May Not Understand Little Miss Lisa...I Win! You Lose! You Tried So Hard To Ruin MY Life,  But You've Ruined Yours Instead. That Right There Sweetie Is What I Like To Call Karma! Get Use To It Because There's A Lot More Karma Coming Your Way!" Dior Snapped.  Carter Smirked At How Hard His Fiancée Was Going On His Ex-Wife, But She Deserved It.

"Family Of King Henderson." The Doctor Called Out. Dior Quickly Walked Up To Him, Along With Carter While Lisa Slowly Got Up Out Of Her Chair And Limped Over To Where Everyone Was Standing.

"How Is He?" Dior Asked.

"He Lost A Lot Of Blood, But He's Stable. We'll Be Keeping Him For A Few Days Until We Can Get Him Transfered To A Psychiatric Institute."

"Can I See Him?" Dior Asked.

"I Don't Think That Would Be A Good Idea Considering The Fact She's The Reason Why He's In Here!" Lisa Shouted. 

"Excuse My Disgruntled Ex-Wife. She's  Having A PMS Episode Right Now." Carter Said.

"Fuck You!"

"Could You Two Please Shut Up?!" Dior Snapped. She Was Tired Of Listening To Them Argue. She Was Tired Of All The Arguing Period.

"You Can See Him,  But Only One At A Time." The Doctor Instructed. Dior Nodded And Took The First Turn As She Followed The Doctor To King's Room. Taking A Deep Breathe, Dior Walked Into The Room And Saw King Laying In The Hospital Bed With His Eyes Closed And Two Bandages Wrapped Around His Wrist.

"Oh My God." Dior Whispered, As Flashbacks Of Her Mother's Death Circulated In Her Head. She Hated Hospitals And She Didn't Want To Be In There Longer Than She Had To. She Sat Down Next To His Bed And Gently Grabbed His Hand.

"King...What...What Possessed You To Do Something So Awful? Was It Because Of Me?" She Asked. "I Hope It Wasn't Because That Would've Been A Foolish Move On Your Part. I Mean...You're The One That Cheated On Me When All I've Ever Done Was Love You. I Honestly Thought You Were The One King, But You Weren't." She Felt A Small Grip On Her Hand Before King Slowly Opened His Eyes.

"I Was The One, Dior." He Spoke, In A Raspy Voice. "But You Were Too Good For Me. I Didn't Deserve You."

"Why Do You Think That? We Had A Beautiful Relationship For Two Years And I Loved You So Much. Not Only Me, But The Twins Loved You As Well."

"Believe Me...I Loved You All Too, But I Knew I Could Never Compete With Carter." He Said. She Furrowed Her Eyebrows As She Let His Hand Go.

"Compete With Carter? This Was Never A Competition! And If You Thought That It Was, Then We Would've Never Worked Out At All!" She Snapped. She Stood Up And Prepared To Walk Out Of The Room,  But King Quickly Called Out To Her. 

"Dior Wait! Please Don't Go!"

"I'm Done, King. I Only Came To Make Sure You Were Okay, But Now That I See You Are...I Have Nothing More To Say To You." And With That,  Dior Walked Out Of The Room, Leaving King Alone As He Held Back His Tears. It Was Over For Good Between Them And He Couldn't Do Anything But Except That.