Chapter 3

Andy's POV

Andy's POV

I stood at the deck watching as land got farther and farther away. My mother decided it would be great to send me on this boat to see my father who lives in New York. If only I was more excited to see him. I knew when I got there it would no longer be only about me. He worked a lot and had other children from other women. I would just be another child he had to throw money at, not his son. I sighed feeling the ocean breeze kiss my cheeks. At least I could finally be alone.

"Damn this boat, this damn confusing boat!" I heard a voice mutter, I turned to see a girl in a white dress looking around. She didn't look like she belonged here. Her hair had knots and her skin was considerably dirty. What was she doing on the first class deck?

"Oh geeze, Peter's gonna kill me." She worried. I watched as an officer noticed her. Now this girl's really gonna be in trouble. He walked over and grabbed her arm.

"What are you doing up here? This deck is for first class passengers only!" The officer growled.

"I-I..." She stuttered from fear. I couldn't watch this anymore.

"She's with me!" I called, running over to the officer and the girl.

"And who are you?" The officer scoffed.

"Andrew John Hurley, my father is the owner of Hurley Consolidated in New York. I'm on my way to visit him now and I don't think he'd like to hear about how I was treated on the Titanic." I glared. The officer let the girl go and bowed his head.

"Terribly sorry Mr. Hurley." He said before leaving. The girl looked up at me with wide (E/C) eyes.

"You...saved me." She sighed. I outstretched a hand with a slight smile on my face.

"Andrew John Hurley, but I go by Andy." I introduced.

"(Y/N) (L/N), but I go by (Y/N)." She smiled, shaking my hand.

"What class are you from?" I asked.

"Third. I was exploring, but got lost."

"Exploring? Do you mind if I join you?"

"You, join me? I don't think people would take too kindly seeing a first class boy walking around with a third class street urchin like me." I frowned before an idea popped into my head.

"Then let's clean you up." I smiled. I took (Y/N)'s hand and ran with her to my room. I knocked on the door and my caretaker, Mary Margaret, opened the door.

"Andrew, I thought I told you to go out and have fun. Who is this?" She asked, looking over at (Y/N).

"This is my friend (Y/N). She's from third class, but is in need of some better clothes. You don't happen to have anything that might fit her, do you?" I asked. Mary Margaret smiled at (Y/N) and ushered her into the room. I stood outside waiting for them to come back.

(Y/N)'s POV

I looked around the fancy room as Mary Margaret looked through her closet.

"I have a daughter your age and size. She lives in New York with her Da so I wanted to surprise her with these clothes when I saw her. I can spare a few." She explained.

"Oh Miss Mary Margaret, I can't accept this. I'm far too dirty to take your daughter's nice, clean clothes." I politely declined.

"Just take a bath love. I'll run you a quick one." Mary Margaret smiled. She did as she promised, and for the first time in a long time, I was clean. My hair was clean, my skin was clean, and I smelled of vanilla! I got out of the shower with a towel and saw a bra, underwear, and a beautiful dress left on the counter. I put them all on along with my bow and walked out to Mary Margaret and Andy.

"You look lovely (Y/N). You should keep that dress and if you ever need more clothes or anything, come and see me." She smiled. I smiled back, thanking her.

"Come on, let's go and explore." Andy smiled. I nodded and took his hand, running off.

Pete's POV

"She's probably in the brig by now! Dear god, this is all my fault. I never should've let her go by herself." I sighed.

"It's not your fault." Patrick assured me as we stood on the deck.

"I could sure go for a cigarette or something right now."

"She's fine Pete. No need for stress smoking." I ignored him and pulled out a stolen pack of cigarettes and matches. I lit one of the sticks, bringing it to my lips. I took in a deep breath and exhaled, letting the smoke leave my mouth.

"It is one o'clock meaning that (Y/N)'s been gone for about an hour now. She should have been back." I stated lowly.

"You just gotta trust her Pete, you gotta." I looked into those green blue eyes boring into mine and smiled. I pulled Patrick into a one armed hug and held him there.

"You're the best out of all of them, you don't send up my blood pressure, because I always know where you are. Thank you Patrick for being the good one." I smiled. Patrick's cheek flushed a cute pink color and I chuckled.

"That's a nice blush. Suits ya, makes ya look pretty." I stated.

"Pretty?" Patrick asked. I just chuckled and looked back over at the water.

"Yeah Patrick, ya look cute." I smiled.