Chapter 26

Patrick's POV

I swam to the top after being engulfed by water and looked around for my raft, hoping no one had taken it. The freezing water felt like a thousand knives piercing my skin all at once.

"Oh dear God, please. I need these rafts." I stuttered, still looking around for the rafts. I finally spotted them and swam towards them as quickly as possible. I climbed on the dresser and sat there, hoping to see either (Y/N), Andy, Joe, or Pete.

Andy's POV

Pain. All I felt was pain.

I opened my eyes in the cold salty water to see (Y/N) flailing across from me. I took her hand, bringing her attention towards me. Together we swam to the top, taking in a breath of cold, icy air.

"Andy! Did you see Pete or Joe? I didn't see them." (Y/N) worried, her teeth chattering.

"I-I don't know." I said sadly. Then, a head broke surface near me.

"Pete, where's Joe?" (Y/N) cried.

"I thought he was with you guys!" Pete frowned. We all shared the same look and Pete dived back under.

"Joe! Joseph!" (Y/N) and I yelled hoping to find the curly head boy.

Pete's POV

I looked underwater for any trace of Joe. I refused to let this be it. I couldn't save Patrick, but I'll save him. I emerged about a minute later, holding onto the curls of the shallowly breathing boy.

"We gotta get to some type of surface." I pleaded, looking at Joe's bluing lips.

"Guys! Over here!" A voice cried. We all turned and I swear my heart stopped.

Patrick was on a raft, waving to us.

"Thank you, God." I sniffled, tears filling my eyes. I swam to him, holding onto Joe tightly. I placed Joe on the makeshift raft first before climbing on. (Y/N) and Andy came on next, tending to Joe. Patrick gave me that cute smile with his beautiful eyes that were blue on the outer ring of his iris and green and yellow going into the pupil. The eyes I will never get tired of seeing or describing.

"You were supposed to be the best out of all of them. You're not supposed to send up my blood pressure, because I should always know where you are." I said softly.

"I couldn't sit around and let those moments be our final moments." Patrick shrugged. I bit my lip and pulled his soft red lips to my own lips. I pulled back after a minute, panting.

"I love you Patrick." I confessed.

"And I love you Pete." Patrick replied softly. Somehow in all the tragedy surrounding us, Patrick managed to still make this the most romantic moment in my life. I really do love him.