Chapter 22

Joe's POV

I rummaged through the suitcases in the rooms.

I'm a scavenger it's what I do.

I was hoping to find something that could save us. Anything that could get us off of our floating graves. That's all the Titanic will be known for after this; the boat that killed most of its passengers. And my friends and I may be apart of those passengers. I started throwing things out of the suitcase when a voice startled me.

"And what do you think you're doing?" It said. I turned to see an officer with his gun drawn.

"Shit." I mumbled.

"Oi, I asked you a question boy!" The officer yelled.

"Well you see, sir, I boarded this ship with me mum and she was shot trying to get on a boat. Mistaken for a man. I was just so cold and I was hoping to find a coat." I said softly, breaking out a British accent. They always go for the accents. The officer sighed and put away his gun.

"You shouldn't be going through people's bags. Get to the top deck and we'll see how soon you can board a boat." He ordered. I nodded quickly.

"Yes, sir, right away." I rambled, running out of the room. So much for finding something that can save us.

(Y/N)'s POV

"You're so stupid! You missed your chance of getting on a boat. You're not a kid, Andy. There's no way they're letting you on without a woman." I cried, slapping Andy's chest.

"Hey, I came to make sure you get on a boat." He defended.

"I'm not getting on unless you and Pete can get on. That's final." Andy sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, the gel slowly losing its hold.

"First things first, we have to find Joe, Patrick and Pete. We can all find a way off of this boat, alive." He instructed. I nodded and grabbed his hand.

"We're not dying tonight, right?" I asked softly. Andy looked into my eyes and took my face in his free hand.

"(Y/N), there is no way in hell in letting you or your friends die tonight." He said seriously.

"And what about you?"

"I'm not gonna let you or your friends die."

Pete's POV

Patrick got so cold, his tiny frame shaking with every gust of wind. I tried to wrap my arms around him, but he still shivered.

"Pete, why'd we even come on this ship? I was happy in England, with you, (Y/N), and Joe. We always had so much fun together." Patrick asked sadly. I didn't even have an answer because I myself didn't really know, until it came back to me.

"For you." I mumbled, my lips numb from the cold air.

"What?" Patrick frowned.

"I wanted a better life for you Patrick. New York was gonna give you that better life." Patrick was silent aside from him nuzzling deeper into my chest.

"It's the thought that counts I guess." He mumbled. I bit back the tears filling my eyes and let my chin rest on the top of his head. The ship was turning even more and I knew that our time was limited. I have to say something and soon.