Chapter 31

*New York*

(Y/N)'s POV

I combed out my hair in the mirror, fixing the dress that was given to me. The boat had just docked and we were here in New York.

"(Y/N), Patrick and Pete are waiting outside for us. Are you ready?" Andy asked softly. I turned to him and saw a pocket watch hanging from his suit's breast pocket. His hair was slicked back with gel, and his lips a flushed red.

"I've never seen you this...dolled up." I commented. Andy blushed and looked down at himself.

"Oh this, well, some other passengers recognized me as the son to the owner of Hurley Consolidated, and figured I should dress the part for when we dock." He commented.

"So...this is the real you?" Andy frowned at my question and took my hands in his.

"There is no real me or false me. There's just me, the boy with bloody great luck, because a beautiful girl fell in love with him." He smiled. I smiled back and brought my lips to his in a chaste kiss.

"I am so glad to hear you say that." I confessed. Andy and I left the cabin and saw Pete with Patrick.

"Ready to go?" Pete asked.

"What about Joe?" I frowned.

"I've arranged for him to be transferred to a morgue my father co-owns. It's all taken care of." Andy assured me. Patrick just smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Come on (Y/N), we're going on a trip." He said. I nodded and let Andy lead me to the exit of the ship. There was a swarm of chatter from outside.

"Stinkin' reporters." Andy groaned.

"Reporters? Why?" Patrick asked.

"We're survivors. They're gonna want answers that we're not ready to give. We all just need to keep our heads down and keep walking." Andy instructed. We all nodded and walked off the ship. Questions were being shouted from left and right, but Andy's hand gripping mine kept me grounded.

When we finally escaped the loud noises, a car was waiting. Pete, Patrick, and I all looked at Andy.

"I called my father last night. He and Mary Margaret are waiting at the house." Andy explained.

"And we're allowed to come?" Pete gasped.

"Yeah. Let's go." We all piled into the car and sat in silence as we made our way to Andy's father's house.