Chapter 17

Patrick's POV

"And I don't know what to do! This is all so new to me, admitting this out loud. I love Pete, but I just don't know what to do. This isn't normal. He's a boy!" I ranted to Joe.

"He's a boy, you're a boy, I'm a boy, and (Y/N)'s a girl. What the hell does gender have to do with anything? Love is love man, it doesn't matter." Joe groaned, walking up to the main deck.

"Not everyone is like you and (Y/N), Joe. Not everyone understands that. I want to be able to go out in public and hold Pete's hand without being talked about. In fact, I want to be able to tell him how I feel without him rejecting me." At that, Joe stopped walking and looked at me, confusion written all over his face.

"Rejecting you? Patrick, are you blind or just plain stupid? Pete is head over heels in love with you! Why do you think he cares more about you than any of us? It's not because you're the youngest, it's because he loves you." He explained.

"But...what if you're wrong?" I asked quietly.

"I'm not. Trust me. In fact, go back to the cabin and talk to Pete now. He's probably worried about you anyway. It's already 11:35. Tell him I'll be back in soon, I just need some air." I smiled at Joe and walked off to the cabin.

Joe's POV

I smiled watching as Patrick skipped off to find happiness, love, and all that rubbish. I walked up to the main deck, surprised by the lack of wind and moonlight. I stood off to the side and took in a deep breath of the Atlantic air. I closed my eyes, taking in the peacefulness until a yell broke my concentration.

"Iceberg, dead ahead!" A voice cried. I had no time for confusion or thoughts as I felt the impact of the iceberg on the bow of the ship. My eyes widened as I ran to alert Patrick, Pete, and (Y/N).