Chapter 13

Patrick's POV

"Patrick, look! Look at the bird!" (Y/N) called, drawing my attention away from Pete. He was leaning over the railing with a cigarette in hand. The wind was blowing his soft hair lightly and all I wanted to do was run my hands through it.

"That's a pretty bird." I chuckled lightly to (Y/N). She just smirked at me and nudged my shoulder.

"Whats with the nudging?" I asked, nudging her back

"You and Pete. Are you going steady? Do you like him?" (Y/N) replied. I noticeably paled and my breath got caught in my throat.

"Me and Pete?" I stuttered.

"Patrick, I'm not some fickle-minded girl. I can see what's happening in front of my eyes."

"I...I don't know what you're talking about." (Y/N) just smiled and ruffled my hair.

"Patrick, if you do love Pete, it doesn't change the way I view you or him. Now, if you're scared that Pete doesn't feel the same way, you should know that he definitly loves you." She said.

"How do you know?" I scoffed.

"Girls are very good at knowing when a fella is pining for 'em. Trust me, I know."

"What are you two talking about?" Pete asked, startling me. I jumped as he and (Y/N) giggled.

"Sorry for scarin' ya Patrick. You okay?" Pete smiled, placing a hand on my back. I smiled back and nodded my head.

"I'm okay." I assured him. Pete grinned and looked back over at (Y/N).

"I think I speak for everyone when I saw we should nap before the party. Ya know, so you two don't fall asleep again." He suggested. (Y/N) rolled her eyes and shoved Pete lightly.

"As much as it pains me to admit this, you're right. Let's go." (Y/N) agreed. She looked at me and winked before slipping off to the cabin, Pete and I trailing behind.

"So, you gonna be dancing again tonight?" Pete asked softly.

"Y-Yeah, I guess." I chuckled nervously.

"Oh...well, maybe you can save me a dance this time?" I turned to Pete and saw a dusting of red on his cheeks. I smiled and turned back frontwards.

"Yeah, I can save you a dance." I replied, trying to contain my excitement.