Chapter 8

Joe's POV

I walked around the lower decks of the floor to the boiler room. Unknown to everyone else, I made a friend down there.

"Brendon Boyd Urie, how are ya?" I smiled at the dirty faced boy.

"Joe, hey. I'm just shoveling coal and trying to keep your ass alive." He shot back, a slight smile on his face.

"So, is this boat really unsinkable?"

"Joe, ya know I have no earthly clue. I just work here. I'm trying to get my pay an' make an honest living in New York man."

"Come on Bren, ya gotta know something."

"I know that there are these flood compartments. They're meant to fill with water, preventing the boat from sinking. That's it. I don't know if they work, but they should."

"This is why you're my guy."

"Get the hell out of here before they call the captain for your stowaway ass." I smiled and ran off back to the third class deck.

"Flood gates huh." I mumbled to myself. But what if these really can't prevent a boat from sinking? What if the Titanic is gambling the lives of thousands? I had to get to the bottom of this.

Pete's POV

I sat back on a lounge chair as Patrick gripped onto the railing watching the waves in amazement. I remember the first time I noticed his fascination with waves.

*Flashback*

"Next time I won't be there to bail you out (Y/N). You and Joe gotta be more careful." I scolded as (Y/N) followed me lamely.

"How's I supposed to know he was some gang leader?" She mumbled. I chuckled and ruffled the hair on her head.

"Well maybe just stop trying to con everybody." I suggested. (Y/N) scoffed but smiled at me. As we kept walking, (Y/N) tugged on my arm, bringing me to a stop.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Look at that little boy." She pointed. I followed her finger to see a small boy with dirty blond hair sitting on the dock.

"He looks so alone." (Y/N) added. I motioned for her to stay there as I advanced towards the boy. He was watching the ripples inter waves as tears rolled down his pale cheeks.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked softly, sitting next to the boy.

"My mom and dad were killed yesterday. I'm an orphan." The boy sniffled. I placed a hand on his back, feeling my heart break.

"Hey, I'm Peter, but everyone calls me Pete, and I'm an orphan too." I introduced.

The boy looked up at me and at once I felt my heart get stuck in my throat. His hair was dangerously close from covering his eyes, eyes that deserve to be seen. I couldn't just label his eyes one color because then you wouldn't be getting the full description of their beauty. His eyes were blue on the other ring of his iris and green and yellow going into the pupil. It was as if getting lost in a spring or winter day. His eyes were so magnificent. He had these cute cheeks that I desperately wanted to touch, if only just once. His lips, his lips were as red as the blush that probably took up majority of my face.

"I'm Patrick." He mumbled. I pushed past my initial reaction of enchantment and smiled, holding out a hand.

"How about you come with me and my two friends? We'll take care of you." I offered. Patrick smiled and took my hand. As soon as he did I gasped and blushed again.

"Let's go." I said quickly. I walked back over to (Y/N) who was looking at me in confusion.

"Hey, why is your face all red?" She asked.

"Shut up." I muttered, walking back home with Patrick grasping my hand tightly.

*End of Flashback*

I couldn't help but want to protect Patrick. He...he was just too precious.

"Pete! Come and look!" Patrick called excitedly. I smiled and walked over to him.

"What's up, Pat." I teased. Patrick pouted, his red lips making an adorable shape.

"You know I hate being called Pat." I chuckled put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm sorry Patrick. You just look so cute when you pout." I confessed softly.

"No I don't." He mumbled.

"Come on, now what was you showin' me?"

"Look at the sky. You see the different colors there, we don't see much of those at home." Patrick was smiling up at the sky while I was staring into his eyes. Eyes that glimmered with hope and happiness.

I never wanted to see that hope die, and I'd fight till my dying breath to make sure it stays there.