Chapter 27

Patrick's POV

It was getting colder and colder the longer we were floating in the water. Joe had woken up, but he was very weak.

"W-why hasn't anyone come for us yet?" (Y/N) stuttered, stroking Joe's hair as he laid in her lap.

"It's probably just h-hard to get through the ice. Someone's g-gonna come." Andy replied, squeezing (Y/N)'s hand. I looked over at Pete who was watching quietly.

"What's wrong?" I asked softly, placing my hands on his shoulders.

"When we first fell into the water, everyone was screaming and thrashing around, trying to survive. Now, the waves are calm and it's quiet. It's too quiet." Pete mumbled.

"My fingers feel like they're going numb." (Y/N) complained softly. I frowned and looked back over at Joe. His blue eyes were just staring up at the sky, with tears slowly filling them.

"Joe, are you okay?" I asked.

"I can't feel m-my fingers or my toes." Joe sniffled in response.

"What?" Andy gasped. Pete moved over to Joe and grabbed his hand.

"Can you f-feel this?" Pete asked.

"No." Joe sobbed. My own eyes started to fill up with tears.

"H-Help! Help! Someone p-please help us!" (Y/N) yelled frantically. Andy grabbed her arm, drawing her attention to him.

"(Y/N), there's no one here. You have to s-save your voice." He warned.

"Save my voice? My voice?! My best friend is l-losing feeling in his limbs. I could care less about my v-voice!" (Y/N) growled back.

"(Y/N), stop it. Andy...Andy's right. You can't help me; n-no one can." Joe sighed.

"Hey, don't say that! Help is on its way, Joe. We just need you to h-hang in there, alright?" Pete ordered.

"Y-Yeah Pete. You're th-the boss." Joe chuckled weakly. I watched him and I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry because of all the death that surrounded me and here was one of my best friends, dying in front of me.