Chapter 23

(Y/N)'s POV

The water was rising at an alarming rate and it was so cold. I ran, gripping onto Andy for support.

"We gotta go down to the kitchen. It's probably really cold, but you just gotta tough it out, okay?" He said quickly.

"Mmhm." I whimpered. We got down to the kitchen and the water was up to our waists. I screamed at the initial impact, my lower body stinging like a pain I've never experienced.

"Oh my god! Andy I can't do this. Please, let's just go." I begged him. Andy had his teeth grit together as he took small steps deeper into the kitchen.

"N-no! Something down here can help up." He insisted.

"Like what?"

"Something we can float on when this ship goes down. We won't survive that long in the water (Y/N)." You bit your lip and took painful step into the freezing water.

Joe's POV

I ran back to the top deck to find Pete holding himself tightly.

"Pete!" I yelled. I ran towards him and saw him jerk as if he was just woken up.

"Joe? Joe thank god!" Pete exhaled, a small smile on his face. Then I noticed something very strange.

"Pete, where's Patrick?" I asked. Pete's eyes went wide as he looked around the deck.

"Oh dear god no." He mumbled.

"Patrick! Patrick!" Pete cried, frantically. He took off down the halls in search of Patrick and I followed behind.

Patrick's POV

I grabbed the floating wood and tied it to the other spare pieces of wood using a ribbon. I found a dresser and threw all of the clothes out of it. This could hold two people and the wooden raft could hold one. I needed something more. I grabbed a nightstand and realized Joe was small enough to fit. I saw another larger nightstand and decided it would have to do. I'm not letting my friends die.