Chapter 9- We meet again

 I groggily sat up from a bed... Wait what am I doing in a bed?

I looked at myself to find my arms and legs covered in bandages.

"Huh?" I said confused. Then I looked at my clothes, noticing how dirty it was I decided to change. I found my bag beside me and took out clothes. 

I went downstairs tiredly after getting in my new outfit, a black crop shirt that left my stomach uncovered and some white shorts. It was pretty comfortable, but it left my scars visible.... Oh well. I had also put some fishnet gloves and of course my headband, however I was too lazy so I left my hair loose.

I arrived when Inari is telling Naruto how ‘he knows nothing’. However just as Naruto was about to snap I kind of beat him to it.

"Know nothing about suffering huh?" I asked as I laughed humorlessly. "Wow Inari, saying things like that, as if you knew us. That's not right. In my eyes you're one really lucky boy you know? You have a mother who loves you, a grandfather who loves you, a place to call home; you have everything I could ever wish for."

 Everyone was looking at me confused. Of course, they don't know.

 "You don't know what it is to really suffer. You didn't grow up with two parents, who not only hated you, but abused you. Every night, dreading the moment when one of them would enter your room. Always with something sharp, hurting you little by little, laughing while you cried. But they were family. You have to love your family right? Well no, in the end they weren't even my real family. They adopted me, for their own amusement to watch me suffer. They loved it, me begging for them not to hut me. Me begging them to stop. They felt powerful when they hurt me.”

I could feel my eyes full of tears, but I wouldn’t let them fall.

“I didn't have a home. I could never call that place home. You say we smile and have fun... would you rather us being mean or bitter? Isn't it better to smile?  Your father was a hero, even if you don't believe it. He was truly a hero. You know why? So yes, he died. So what? He still died protecting what he loved. You should be happy, or at least proud. At least you had a father who loved you.”

I took a painful breath, “I don’t even know my family,” I said. My voice broke, and I met Kakashi’s eye, the fist tear fell off my eye. “And I don’t think I ever will.”

Kakashi’s eye instantly saddened, and he turned away. He knew what I meant… That’s why I can’t accept to myself I am Akira.

“I'm not being a wimp about my life; don't get me wrong, I'm lucky. I have friends and people who are important to me now. I'm just saying you shouldn't be like that to Naruto. Naruto is a hero. Inari, I don't want you to think of this as if I was scolding you, because I'm not. Just next time, don't say something like that without knowing what the other person has been through." I finished taking a deep breath. After calming myself down, I dried my cheeks.

Everyone stared at me in shock. Kakashi just looked at a loss of words. Sakura was silently crying, Sasuke just glared at the table, and Naruto had his eyes wide and mouth hanging open. Tazuna was looking at me with a hurt expression just like Tsunami.   Inari was the one who looked the worse though, he was crying while staring at me in shock. I took a breath and sat down on the table.

"I-I didn't-" he said

"Inari, I told you not to worry. I now you didn't know, nobody did," I said as I smiled warmly.

"B-But y-you-" He started crying as he went to his room.

"Oh shit," I muttered standing up. "I'm sorry; I didn't mean to upset him..."