To Work!

A/N- I'm so sorry this has taken so long, it was my bday the other day and my brothers today (we are two years and two days apart) sorry!!!

"I really don't think this is a good idea?" Steve told Tony as they walked through SHEILD HQ with Erin.

Tony sighed. "She'll love it here, there's loads of cool things to look at and the gangs gotta meet her sooner or later!" Tony told him and gave Steve's hand a comforting squeeze.

Erin had been with the super couple for a week: The little two year old had started to become very attached to her new Daddy's. She followed them everywhere she could, the gym, the garage and Tony's work shop. Whenever Erin went with Steve to the gym she'd want to do what he did, so the super soldier helped her with her chin ups, lifting the weights and hitting the punch bags.

Erin was sat on Steve's hip; Her binky in her mouth and her arms around his neck. "I don't want her to be scared of everyone," Steve told Tony gently. "You saw how she was with Fury and that social worker!"

"Steve I know but sooner or later Fury is going to complain about us bringing her here so she needs to get to know the team," Tony told. "Plus our party is this weekend!"

Steve huffed as they walked into the Avengers quarters; It was a massive lounge that had couches. TV, a pool table, a small kitchen and lockers for everyone's gear and suits.

The super couple looked around and saw Clint, Natasha, Bruce, Thor, Jane, Maria Hill, Rhodey, Sam and Bucky!

Erin's grip on Steve tightened and she hid her face. "Hey everyone!" Tony greeted.

"Hey guys!" Everyone greeted.

Jane stood up and went over to Steve. "Aww is this you're new daughter?" She asked.

Steve nodded. "Yeah, this is Erin Rogers- Stark," He told her. "She's really shy."

Jane smiled softly. "Bless her," She said. "Hello Erin."

Natasha stood up and went over to Erin. "Come on sweetie, we won't hurt you," She told the toddler softly. "We want to be your friend."

Steve placed his daughter on the floor then took her binky out of her mouth: Steve wasn't a fan of the binky but Tony thought it made her look cute!

The small blonde faced Steve with tears in her eyes...

"Deeve!" Erin said and held her arms up to Steve.

Both Steve and Tony gasped... "She said my name!" Steve stated. "My baby just said my name!"

Steve picked Erin up and held her small body close to his chest; Steve was so happy, his heart melted at her word. His little baby just said his name!

Tony kissed Erin's head. "We're so proud of you dirt monkey!" He told her. "Now you need to learn my name!"

Thor chuckled loudly. "The little one is adorable!" He told them as he put his arm around Jane's waist.

Rhodey stood next to Tony. "You and Steve are very lucky to have such a cute little girl!" He told them.

Steve blushed and held Erin close to him, her little arms were wrapped around his neck. "You're so clever," He told her and kissed her head.

"She doesn't talk," Tony stated. "She's really young and hearing her starting to say one of our names is brilliant!"

Everyone smiled at the two lovers and their new daughter; No one would have thought Iron Man and Captain America would become a couple and no would ever of thought they would adopt a child!

Everyone went and sat down on the couches, Erin sat on Tony's lap playing with his tie trying to ignore the other people in the room until Bucky's arm shimmered in the light.

"Ooh!" Erin babbled and looked at Bucky's metal arm.

"What's wrong baby?" Tony asked.

Erin pointed at Bucky's arm. "Bado!" She babbled and wriggle off Tony's lap.

Tony placed Erin on the floor and everyone watched her walk over to Bucky; The winter soldier was stuck in place, worried about what the small toddler was going to do. Bucky stayed very still as Erin stood next to his metal arm...

"Steve please move her," Bucky said quietly.

"She's okay," Steve told his friend.

Bucky started to panic a little. "No Steve what if I hurt her, please just pull her away!" He begged as his hand shuck nervously.

Steve stood up and picked Erin up before she could touch Bucky's arm. "Sorry sweetie," Steve told her.

"Deeve!" Erin pouted and crossed her arms.

Tony chuckled. "Uncle Bucky's being a meanie!" He told her.

Bucky rolled his eyes. "I didn't want to hurt her!" He growled.

"You need to relax!" Tony told him. "The tests have shown that you are in control of yourself, you'll be fine around Erin!"

"Bucky come on you've been here for a while now and nothing has happened," Natasha spoke up trying to reassure the winter soldier.

Bucky grumbled some things in Russian under his breath and looked away not wanting to start an argument with anyone.

"Deeve!"Erin whined and wriggled in Steve's grip.

The soldier couldn't help but smile at his daughter saying his name. "I can see the super family are doing well," Fury stated as he entered the room.

Everyone turned to look at Fury. Erin suddenly held on to Steve's shirt very tightly, her head was pressed against his chest trying so hard to hide her face from the scary man.

"Well done Fury you scared the child!" Clint stated as he folded his arms.

"Well I'm sorry to break up this mothers meeting but we have a mission!" He told everyone.

Tony looked at Steve and they both nodded. "Me and Steve have been talking, we're not going on a mission together for a little while," He told Fury. "Just until Erin's okay with other people"

Fury sighed. "I know you want her to feel safe with other people but I need you both in the field today, I'm sorry but she'll have to stay with someone," He told them.

Tony sighed softly; Erin wasn't keen on anyone except him and Steve, she'd never stay with pepper either even though she see's her everyday!

"Who isn't coming on the mission?" Steve asked.

Fury nodded at Bucky. "Barns and obviously Jane," He told them.

Bucky's eyes shot open. "No way!" He told them. "Sorry guys but no!"

Steve sighed. "Bucky come on, Jane will help you," He told his friend. "Erin's not a bit of trouble and she seems to like you!"

Jane was squealing with excitement. "Well take good care of her guys don't worry," She reassured Tony and Steve.

Erin pouted and clung to Steve... Peeling Erin off Steve was going to be the hard part!