Never Give up

Panic was cemented into the remaining Avengers bodies.

Steve, Erin, Natasha, Rhodey and Rocket the raccoon head back to the Avengers base. As for Thor he went back to a small part of the country he had renamed 'New Asgard' and had placed his people there to live and start again, Bruce had gone off too in hope to try and help people affected by the snap but the devistation was too real...

As soon as Erin got back to the Avengers base she went into Tony's lab looking at dozens of news reports, looking at CCTV footage of the snap happeing across the world; The young teen had worked out that the population had been halfed perfectly.

Erin did what she could for the first week of the snap trying to help send power all over the world by building replicas of Tony Starks arcreacters but it wasn't enough to carry on powering the world so she confined herself to the lab doing whatever it took to build a bigger and better arcreater but she was struggling because in reality she wasn't her Father, she wasn't Tony Stark.

Steve, Natasha and Rocket did what they could to try and find other avengers but no luck. Scott Lang AKA Antman was gone, Shuri was gone and even Nick Fury was gone... All Nick left behind was a pager that flashed red and blue with a gold star in the middle. Natasha begged Erin to try and keep the battery in the pager alive hoping Nick had tried to contact someone who could help them get everyone back but the pager was also useless. Erin hooked up the pager to the base and did as she was asked, she kept the pagers battery alive for Natasha, Erin wanted to keep hope alive.
-
-
Heavy foot steps walked the quiet corridors of the Avengers base. They were strong and confident, they belonged to Steve Rogers the soldier but right now he didn't feel like a soldier, he felt like he was that kid from Brooklyn all over again, lost and uncertain of what to do, how to move forward. Steve walked the corridors insearch of his only daughter Erin... Steve had noticed how hard the teenager had been working to keep the world running, making sure what was left of the world stayed alive but he was losing his daughter, he never wanted this life for her, he never wanted her to have the weight of the world on her shoulders like he and Tony did.

Steve stopped at the glass door that lead to Tony's lab. The super soldier sighed as he looked at his daughter through the glass; Erin's blonde hair was tied up in a messy pony tail covered in oil, her once clean clothes had dirty marks, her hands had scratches and cuts all over them and she looked exhausted.

As Steve scanned his hand the glass doors opened but Erin didn't look up from her work, she continued to mess with the holograms in front of her, she would then go over to a large version of Tony's arcreacter which was in the middle of the room and mess with the wires making some sparks.

"Hey," Steve greeted quietly then held up a bottle of water. "I brought you a drink, Rocket said you stole the banana's from the fruit bowl off the kitchen table?"

Erin stopped working and looked up at her Dad. "I needed potassium to help keep me balanced."

Steve looked at his daughter. "So you're the one who used to steal the banana's!" He joked. "You said it was Peter."

The blonde smiled. "And you believed me," She stated quietly.

Steve chuckled softly. "We're still trying to get in touch with Tony and Peter but I don't think they are on Earth yet. We hope they are still in space tryin to get home," He admitted sadly.

With a soft sigh Erin looked to the ground sadly wishing the War between her Fathers didn't happen, praying that if the God she prayed to at night was hearing her prays and had protected her Father and Brother from the snap but hope was drifting away slowly...

Erin picked up a picture from off Tony's desk and looked at it trying to think of happier times. "Do you remember when this was taken?" She asked as she turned the picture round.

The picture was of Erin and Peter when they were just little kids dressed in matching pjs sat on Steve and Tony's lap in front of a christmas tree holding milk and cookies.

Steve smiled. "The first christmas where both you and Peter learnt about Santa Claus," He remembered. "Damn you were both so excited to go to bed, Tony and I heard the two of you giggling for hours in that fort you made in Peter's room."

Erin smiled and pointed to a picture that was up high on the wall... It was of Steve and Tony at a BBQ on the beach. Steve's expression saddened and he looked to the ground...

"Do you regret it?" Erin asked softly.

"I regret not spending enough time with you and Peter, I regret not being their for the two of you when you got powers and I regret not fixing thing's with Tony and if I could take our fight back I would," Steve said honestly. "I wish I could tell him I was sorry."

"I didn't mean to blame you for what happened," Erin said sadly. "I just wish it had never happened."

Steve pulled Erin into a tight hug and kissed to the top of her head lovlingly, Erin wrapped her arms around Steve's waist and placed her ear over his chest listening to his steady heart beat.

"CAP, ERIN GET UP HERE!" Erin's radio on the counter played.

"Nat!" Erin stated.

Both Erin and Cap sprinted up the stairs and through the corridors of the Avengers base and up to the conference room. Steve entered first where an upset Natasha and Rhodey stood, Erin entered just after and looked at the pager on the table... It had died, the battery died.

"What happened?" Erin asked. "It had it's own arcreactor, it shouldn't have died!"

"I don't know," Natasha admitted sadly. "I guess we'll never know who that was for."

"What do we do?" Rhodey asked. "Every second more and more people are being registered as missing!"

As Natasha turned around she came face to face with a blonde women dressed in a red, blue and gold suit that had a gold star on her chest; The women looked very stern and unafraid...

"Where is Fury?" The women asked. "He sent me a distess call, where is he?"

Erin ripped the wires out of the pager and held it up to the women. "In short Fury and half the worlds population have been removed from the earth because of a giant ugly purple guy called Thanos, we needed Fury to help us bring everyone back but all that remand was this little pager which I have been keeping alive because it was sending a signal to what we hoped was help and now you're so if you are help then please help us bring Fury back, help us bring the rest of the freaking world back!" Erin explained at a stupidly fast rate.

The blonde women looked a little taken back. "So an alien from space has evaporated half of Earths popualtion but who the hell are you guys?" She asked.

"We're the Avengers," Steve spoke up. "We were earths mightiest heros but this alien stuff is out of control, we need all the help we can get."

"We're desperate," Natasha admitted.

The women continued to look at everyone like they were insane. "So you need my help to bring everyone back?" She asked.

Erin nodded. "We don't know what to do next, please!" The blonde teen begged sadly.

The women nodded. "Okay, you got me," She stated in a confident voice. "My name is Carol Danver, Fury named my Captain Marvel."

Steve stuck his hand out. "Welcome to the Avengers!" He stated.

Carol shook Steve's hand firmly... Now to try and save the world!