Photographs

Tony got to work as soon as he could. Bruce would lift machines and move systems to help out as much as he could and Natasha found as many wires and computers as she could to help Tony but there was someone else he needed, someone he was desperate to talk to...

"Why don't you go up to her room and ask her?" Steve suggested.

Tony slammed his wrench on the floor. "She hasn't spoken to me for years, she's hardly looked at me since I got here," He explained. "I want my daughter back!"

"Erin has been helping the government, you know that. She's not a teenager anymore, she doesn't stay up in her room all day sulking, she's working," Steve explained. "And I'm pretty damn sure she wants you to go up there and take the first step."

"I missed a lot," Tony sighed softly as he looked at some of the photos that were on the wall of Erin in her teenage years. "Look at our girl, I missed her helping the world adjust to the snap... I missed her become a hero." 

Steve nodded. "At least you weren't here to deal with the first boy she brought home," He laughed. "That was awful."

Tony looked at Steve in shock. "A boy?" He asked. "Like cuddling on the sofa, kissing her on the door step?"

Steve went red. "More like in her bed," He mumbled as he remembered the day as if it was yesterday.

Horror rushed through Tony's body; He wasn't here, he wasn't here to throw the boy out, tell his daughter that she was crazy to be to careless and to remind her that she wasn't allowed a boyfriend until she was thrity!

"Tony she was seventeen at the time," Steve added. "Not a lot I could do."

"Did you give her the talk?" Tony asked.

Steve sighed. "Tony you know that's not something I'm comfortable talking about," He said with a blush. "I'm honestly surprised she never asked what we were doing when she walked in on us when she was little... Poor girl."

"We had a good marraige," Tony spoke up as he messed with some wires not looking at Steve. "We have some wild memories."

"I don't regret us," Steve stated softly. "I don't regret our marriage or our children but I regret what our jobs did to us."

Tony nodded still not looking at Steve. "We'll get our boy back," Tony said hopefully. "Just gotta work on my eldest."

"While you do that I'm going to see if I can get Thor to come up here," Steve told him and patted his shoulder. "Good luck."

Steve walked out leaving Tony alone surrounded by machines and left to his own throughts. Tony made his way around the base heading towards Erin's bedroom... The base was full of photos of the team, newspaper clippings and photos of Erin and Peter growing up. Guilt filled Tony's heart as he walked through the halls as if it was memory lane, the mechanic couldn't help but smile at the memories that came rushing back to him.

Tony got up to the floor where Erin's room was. As he walked down the hallway a room caught his attention, the room had a large desk, screen behind it, a large book shelf filled with books and maps, in the middle of the room was a small model of New York city, Tony could see where the memorial was placed... In the middle of Central Park where Erin and Peter used to play as kids. Tony walked behind the desk to see a few photos, some were of Erin and Steve from the last few years, some were of Peter and one on the end was a photo of Steve and Tony on their wedding day.

Memories of their wedding day brought tears to Tony's eyes' He and Steve spent months planning the wedding, they got married on top of the Avengers tower, surrounded by their friends, Nick Fury married the two of them, their gold wedding rings had each others superhero names ingraved on the rings. Eveyone partied till early hours, the married couple couldn't smiling and the speeches they wrote for each other made everyone cry... It was a day neither of them would ever forget!