Magic Hand

~YOUR P.O.V.~

You two remained quiet for a few minutes. He ordered another Guinness, and you also ordered one once you finished your scotch. Alcohol didn't really affect you, you always drank heavily after you and Brent fought, so one super strong scotch and a beer wasn't going to affect you very much. Yes, maybe a slight headache, but you didn't mind. "So, when are the Four Horsemen coming back into the spotlight?" You ask Jack.

He looks at you. "Whenever The Eye tells Rhodes we need to expose someone. But first we need a fourth horseman, and I won't be on stage."

"Because everyone believes you're dead."

"Exactly, and Rhodes won't let us pull off a resurrection trick so I can be on stage again. He doesn't want the Christian community to think we worship Satan or whatever."

"Why on earth would anyone think resurrection has anything to do with Satan wouldn't it be the opposite?"

"That's exactly what I tried asking him! But he completely ignored me to talk to McKinney about something."

"What a piece of shit."

He laughed. "Never let him hear that you said that."

"Well, I'll probably never meet him so I don't think I have to worry."

"You don't know that. You may become the Fourth Horseman."

"I would but my boyfriend is a piece of anti-magic shit so."

"Right," he said, before swigging the beer.

You thought about what he had to say. "You really think I could be the Fourth Horseman?"

He looked at you, and nodded. "Well, yeah. You've got the hell of a slight of hand and quite the magic touch, so I think so."

What do you mean by "magic touch?"  You wonder, but you appreciated how he thought you could become the Fourth Horseman, and he'd never know how much of a compliment that'd ever mean to you. "Thanks."

"Out of curiosity," he began. "How good are you at keeping order?"

"Whu?"

"I mean, Henley was our High Priestess, and their job is to control The Hermit, that's McKinney, Death, that's me, and The Lover, that's Daniel and keep order between everyone. Now that she's gone, we need our order back."

"Well, I was the one who broke up the drunken fights between my mom and dad, does that count?"

He nodded. "I'd hope so, I mean you wouldn't have to worry about drunken fights, we barely ever drink, but we do fight."

You grinned, then noticed the music playing in the bar. It was really bad music by some really bad artist, who you really didn't know. You needed to change it, so you pulled out your phone, and started hacking into the jukebox. One thing you picked up on the run was hacking, which you used to hack into grocery store computers to lower the prices to what you were buying. 

Jack looked over your shoulder. "What are you doing?"

"Hacking the jukebox."

"Thank you, I don't know who turned on this music, but it's horrible."

"My thought exactly," you reply, as you enter in codes to the songs you wanted, replacing all of the songs in the playlist with Metallica, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, and Panic! At The Disco. You then remove the horrible artist who was in the previous playlist from the jukebox.

"So you hack too?" he asked.

You nodded. "I've hacked grocery store computers, jukeboxes, movie companies-"

"Movie companies?"

"Sometimes I had the privilege to go to movie theaters to see movies, and I'd hack the companies so I could steal a digital download of it for on the go."

"Smart," he replied. He sounded impressed.

You turned your phone off, and put your phone in your pocket. "There. Someone's gonna be upset that their music has been replaced with Pop Punk and Heavy Metal."

He laughed. "Well, then you're doing more good than bad."

"You listen to that type of music?"

"Yeah well, heavy metal yes."

"Like what? Who do you listen to?"

"Eh, Metallica, Tool, AC/DC, Fall Out Boy-"

You started laughing. "Dude! Fall Out Boy is Pop Punk, not Heavy Metal!"

He thought for a second. "Really?"

"Yeah! Aw dude have you never heard their Infinity On High album?"

He shook his head.

"Yeah, it's so obvious they're Punk Pop in that album. What songs do you listen to? Light 'Em Up, Novacaine, The Phoenix, Death Valley..."

"I've listened to all of those."

"Alright, let me ask have you heard Miss Missing You, Sugar We're Going Down, This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race, Dance, Dance, or I Don't Care?"

He shook his head.

"How many songs do you know by them?"

He counted in his head. "About 10."

"That explains a lot," you thought out loud, and you watched as the bartender came up in front of you and started making a cocktail, and pulled out of a bin some green olives. You waited for him to turn his back, before reaching your hand behind the bar, and grabbed a couple of olives.

"Look at you," Jack whispered. "Stealing from the bartender that's not nice."

You held out your hand to him, offering him an olive, which he gladly took. 

The bartender turned back around, and saw you two eating the olives. "Hey!"

Quickly, you pulled out your deck of cards, and pulled out the 2 of clubs, number side up. You glided your hand over the card, and the clubs disappeared, and turned into olives, which with another magical gesture, two real olives appeared on the card, which you picked up and dropped into the bin.

The bartender looked at you like you were a witch, and walked to the other side of the bar, leaving you and Jack laughing.

"That was awesome!" Jack complemented. "How'd you do it?"

You shrugged. "Eh, I've always got something up my sleeve."

"Can I guess?"

"Sure."

He leaned in close to your ear, and whispered his guess.

Impressed, you nodded. You heard the door to the bar close, and you looked at who came in. Your heart sunk, and immense fear set in. It was the one person you didn't want to find you, and your face was extremely close to Jack's. You knew what it could've looked like from Brent's angle. You knew whatever was about to happen was bad, and could cost you your life, or Jack's(for real this time). "I don't wanna do this to you," you say quietly to Jack, trying to mask the fear in your voice. "But I have to go. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation, thank you for that."

You could tell he became very sad with your announcement, but he nodded, and looked you in the eye. "Alright."

You got out of my chair, and put on your coat. 

"Do you trust me?" Jack asks you quietly.

You look at him. "Yes. You haven't taken my trust. But did you take my wallet?"

He shook his head. "I took nothing from you, other than your time."

"I'm glad it was you who took my time," you say. "Goodbye, Jack. I hope you will get seen again soon."

He smiled. "Thanks. Goodbye, (Y/N)."

Terrified, you walked towards your boyfriend, who would probably become your killer. But you had a plan, and had 12 heart cards in your hand, hidden from view, from the deck of cards from your pocket. You left the bar with Brent, who grabbed your hair, and pulled you into an alley about half a mile away from the bar.