Easy Part

~JACK'S P.O.V.~

The next morning, I woke up at around 7, to the sound of Marritt, who had cried out loudly from downstairs.

Good God, what happened? I thought, as I got up, and slowly walked out of my bedroom to go downstairs. Me, Walter, Danny, and Marritt had a long night, we were up until midnight, smoking Cuban cigars and drinking a few glasses of whiskey each. Downstairs, Danny was rigging Marritt up, while (Y/N) was watching from the sidelines, drinking a cup of coffee. "What the hell happened?" I asked them.

"Nothing, the cable just gave him a small amount of rope-burn, that's all," Danny explained. 

"And it hurt like hell!" Marritt added.

(Y/N) laughed, and drank her coffee.

"Ugh, I can't deal with this, I need coffee," I muttered, as I walked over to the coffee table, and poured myself a cup, and sat next to (Y/N). 

"I've been watching this go down for about half an hour," she told me. "At least I don't need any of this."

"Me too," I agreed. 

After a moment of silence on our side of the living room, other than Marritt and Danny talking back and forth, (Y/N) spoke up quietly, so only I could hear. "I called Dylan last night. Told him we were okay and what happened to us."

"You tell him about what Walter wants us to do?" I whispered back.

"Yeah, I told him about Danny speaking forward for us and how he thought he was the new leader."

"What'd he have to say about that?"

"I'll just put it this way; Danny should be very worried the next time he sees Dylan."

"Good. How'd you get in touch with him?"

"At about 11 I went down to the main desk and asked if I could borrow their phone for a minute."

"Cool."

She put down the mug, and stood up. "I'll be getting ready if anyone's looking for me. We have an hour before we need to go down."

We watched her leave, and I stood up. "I guess I should get ready too," I said, and I walked away to go upstairs.

Almost an hour later, I emerged from my room, wearing a black suit, and I walked downstairs. Marritt and Danny were waiting in the living room, Danny was wearing a blue dress shirt under a black dress jacket and glasses, and Marritt was wearing a grey checkerboard suit with a blue tie and a grey hat.

"Have you seen (Y/N)?" Danny asked.

I shook my head. 

"Can you go upstairs and get her down here?"

"Alright," I said, and I walked down the hall to the stairs. A door next to the staircase opened, and (Y/N) walked out. "There you are."

"Here I am," she responded quietly. "How do I look?" She was wearing a long sleeve, black dress that went down to her knees under a black fur coat, and a pair of black wedges.

"Like the classiest prostitute ever. And I mean that in no way bad, you look great."

"Thanks, so do you."

We walked back to the living room. "There you are," Danny said, and he started walking towards the elevator.

Marritt was close behind him. "Let's do this," he muttered.

Me and (Y/N) walked into the elevator, and the doors closed. The elevator started descending to another gambling room below the ground floor. Danny passed out envelopes to each of us, which Walter gave him for us to use when gambling, to blend in. When the elevator opened, we walked into the well-lit room. We separated, and started looking for Pike's crew. 

The gambling room was about half full, with gamblers and people in red dragon costumes. 

About 10 minutes later, Pike and his crew rode down the escalator, and I started looking around the room for (Y/N), Marritt and Danny. Danny was at a slot machine, Marritt was sitting at the bar, and (Y/N) was at a blackjack table. I walked over to Danny(who was closest). "He's here," I told Danny. 

"Okay, thanks," Danny responded, and then he proceeded to bet everything he had to get rid of the credits. "I'll take (Y/N) you take Marritt, and hurry up."

Alright, Danny," I said, and we went our separate ways. I walked over to the bar, and whispered to Marritt "he's here."

"Alright," Marritt responded, and he got up, and he started following them. I found the red dragon costume that (Y/N) and Danny were in, and got ready. As Pike and his crew walked by, we walked in front of the crew, and I started following Pike, and in a thicker crowd, I turned the crew away from Pike, and Marritt got to work. I got a few yards ahead of them, and I approached some security guards. "Hey, these guys've been following me, you might want to check their pockets," I told them, and the security guards stopped them, and I walked away.

I walked over to our red dragon, which was now next to the wall, and Danny and (Y/N) were getting out, with Marritt on the sidelines. "We're good," I told them. 

"Same here," Marritt said. 

We walked back to the elevator, and went up to the ground level. We walked through the casino and outside to the cars, which we could identify by Pike sitting in the front seat of 1, and the other was identical. We got in the cars, me and Danny in 1 and Marritt and (Y/N) in the other, and it took off to the Macau Science Center. 

"Now comes the hard part," Danny muttered. 

I nodded. "Yeah, that back there was a piece of cake."

"I hope Tom can follow the card."

"I hope so too. (Y/N) is probably thinking the same thing."

"Probably. So what's up with you 2?"

"Me and (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, because I mean you 2 are obviously into each other."

'You think so?"

"Yeah!"

"I mean," I stuttered. I didn't really want to tell him that I had a massive thing for her, but he probably could already tell. "She's cool, and funny, and she's absolutely gorgeous, but-"

"So you do like her?"

"Well obviously!"

"That's what I wanted to know. It's like I didn't know already, you look at her like I looked at Henley, but I wanted to hear it from you."

"I really hope you didn't put Marritt up the the same task," I muttered.

"I didn't."