The Breach In The System

~YOUR P.O.V.~

9:45 rolled around, and your underarms started sweating due to the stress, and you hoped that neither Jack nor Marritt could notice. You'd have to grab your deodorant from the bathroom at Brent's. And your clothes. And your makeup. Actually, now that you thought about it, you needed to grab a lot of your stuff. 

You, Marritt, and Jack decided that you would actually call from Brent's apartment's office phone, just in case his work had his apartment building's number. 

So, at around 10 o'clock you 3 walk to the apartment building. On the way, Jack ducked into a Fed Ex truck with your package, while Marritt hypnotized the driver into falling sleeping, and Jack took his uniform. You and Marritt walked to the building, Marritt disguised as an apartment desk receptionist, which he stole from a worker who left the building and was a block away. Marritt walked in 2 minutes earlier than you, and Jack was 1 minute behind you. 

You walked into the building, and walked to talk to Marritt. "Hey, is Brent here?" you asked.

"Nope," he replied. 

"Oh, thanks," you said, and you searched your pockets. "Shoot, I forgot my keys," you said. "Can you unlock my door for me?"

He smiled, and nodded. You walked upstairs with Marritt, with Jack a flight of stairs behind you, who was speeding up to catch up with you. "Wait up!" he said, quietly. 

You heard footsteps in front of you. "Oh, hi, Miss Brookes!" you said, relieved that it wasn't Brent, when you saw the blonde, pale, professional woman running down the stairs. 

"Oh, hi (Y/N)," she replied. "I'd talk, but I'm late to work! I'll talk later?"

"Maybe, oh and don't tell Brent I was here, and don't ask questions, please."

"Sure," she replied, and ran down the stairs.

"That could've been close," you here a quiet voice from behind. You turn, and see Jack, walking up the stairs. 

You pull the two pins out of your hair that Jack uses to pick locks, and handed it to him. "Yes, it could've."

You approached the door, and you grabbed the box from Jack to pick the lock. You entered first, to calm the dogs down a little bit. You set the box on the kitchen table, and greeted the dogs, while holding them back to let Marritt and Jack inside. Marritt quickly got to work and hypnotized the dogs, while you and Jack walked into the living room. "Bedroom's down the hall, black door, stand by and wait," you told him, and you sat at the computer. The computer was unlocked(probably because you didn't live there anymore), and you started hacking the security system that was in his bedroom.

You finished, and the security system, and you walked to the bedroom, where Jack was waiting, and you opened the door. "Closet's over there," you tell Jack, as he starts approaching the door and picking the lock.

"So, what'd you put in the box?" Jack asked.

"Eh, just a paint bomb that won't come off of walls, skin, or clothes. And a note telling him that he's a douche-bag and that I'll make sure no one ever trusts him ever again, even if it kills me."

"How're we gonna do that?"

"Not sure yet, to be truly honest" you said, and you walked over to your dresser, and grab your satchel from the top, and started shoving clothes inside(3 black t-shirts, 2 jackets[a leather and a dark blue denim], 3 pairs of jeans, 5 pairs of underwear, 3 pairs of socks, 3 bras, a pair of sweatpants, and a hoodie), leaving a small amount of space. You looked over, and saw Jack struggling with the lock. You looked around the room for anything; a switch, a lever, a button, anything. You found one, a button on the bed frame, which you pressed with your leg. A key fell out of the bottom of the bed, and you picked it up. "Hey, Jack, catch," you said, and tossed the key at him, which he caught, and unlocked the door. The box was at the top of the closet, which Jack reached and grabbed from the shelf. "That's it," you said.

The box was brown and cardboard, with a label and clear tape sealing it shut. It was about 1 foot wide, 1 foot long, and 1 foot tall. You walked out of the bedroom, and walked into the bathroom, and grabbed your deodorant, your makeup bag, your shampoo, and your conditioner. You walked out of the bathroom, and closed the bedroom door, which you had forgotten to close, to avoid setting off the alarm. You and Jack walked into the living room, and you pulled a can of black spray paint, and shook it. Quickly, you painted 4 words on the wall, RAPIST, ABUSER, JACKASS, and LIAR. You and Jack walked into the kitchen, as Marritt finished hypnotizing the sleeping dogs. "When I snap my fingers you will attack any woman that enters this apartment, then you will stop once your daddy says a swear word," Marritt said, and gestured for you 2 to leave the apartment, and you did. Jack started heading down the stairs, and you waited for Marritt so you could start down the stairs.

A moment later, Marritt left the apartment, and you started walking down the stairs. When you reach the ground level, you saw that Jack was being held up by one of the security guards. You walked up to them. "What's the issue?" you asked.

"I believe this man stole something," the security guard responded harshly.

"No he didn't," you said, as you watched Marritt sneak past the guard, and leave the building. "I gave this man a package to deliver."

"You're supposed to give us the package to give these types of people."

"Well, he was dropping off a package to me, so I thought we'd do a trade. Saves time, you know."

The guard didn't say anything, and you walked away, with Jack close behind you. "Thanks," he said, relieved.

"Sorry about him," you said. "He's a control freak, if something doesn't go the way it's supposed to he freaks out and goes all 'security guard on steroids' on someone."

Jack laughed, and you 2 enter the Fed Ex truck, and drive to the meeting point where Marritt(who had changed back into his usual attire), was waiting for you. You 2 left the truck, box in your hands, and Jack took off the Fed Ex uniform and changed back into his disguise, put the uniform back on the actual Fed Ex driver, and you 3 fled the scene after Marritt woke the man up.

You started taking the alleys to the scrapyard. As you walked, you felt your heart start to race, as you started walking the way Brent took you the previous day. You thought Jack could tell you were starting to panic and remember, because he moved close to you, and clenched his fists. This small action made you feel a lot safer, and you appreciated it. Once you approached the alleyway where you almost lost your life, Marritt spoke up. "I'm feeling a powerful tension here."

"This is where she almost lost her life," Jack said, with a glimmer of anger in his voice, pointing at the alleyway.

"Ah, so you're-"

Jack cut him off. "Don't even start."

"Alright, alright, jeez, don't be over-protective of your little girlfriend."

You both glare at him in annoyance and anger.

---------------------

About 20 minutes later, you reached the scrapyard. Jack picked the lock, and you walked into the fenced off car graveyard. You looked around carefully, as if you had never been here. Which, of course, is not true, but you had never really looked around. There was a pungent odor of rusting metal, gasoline, and mud.

You entered the cottage, and set the box on the side table, and your satchel on the couch. The cottage was now starting to feel a little bit like home, which was a feeling you were very unfamiliar with, seeing that the last time you felt this was at your grandfather's house. Brent's apartment never felt like home, because he never trusted you with his computer.

"So," Jack said to you. "What's in the box?"