Something to Feed on

~YOUR P.O.V.~

You woke up at around 8 in the morning, despite having an early night. Jack was already awake, getting dressed into his jeans and leather jacket. "Morning," you said. 

He looked at you. "Morning."

You sat up, and rubbed your eyes. "How long've you been up?"

He shrugged. "5 minutes. Anything you want to do today before 3?"

"Not really. I'd say go back down to South L.A., but a) it's too far and b) Corbet might still be around. I don't want to run into him."

"Alright. Coffee?"

"Coffee," you replied. You got out of bed, and grabbed your clothes to go change in the bathroom. You emerged from the bathroom a few minutes later, wearing your jeans and black leather jacket. You walked into the living room, and started to put your black coverse. Jack already had his black shoes on, and waited for you at the door, with his hands in his pockets. You stood, and walked towards him. 

"Ready?"

"I am," you replied, as you left the apartment. You linked an arm through his, and put your hands in your pocket. He gave a small grin at the action, as you entered the elevator. After a moment, the elevator door reopened in the lobby, and you walked out of the apartment. There was a thick screen of fog hovering above the ground, and you struggled to see down the street.

"Holy damn," Jack muttered.

You laughed a little. "Can't even see down the street, that's unusual."

"At least I can still see you."

You felt yourself blush, and you mentally awww-ed. You looked over at him, and pecked him on the lips. You walked down the street, and you were able to make out the signs on the building. Once you saw the coffee shop, Jack saw it too, and he started leading you to the coffee shop door. You didn't really need him to, but you didn't say anything. He unlinked his arm to open the door for you. You walked through the door, and he walked behind you, and grabbed your hand, as you stood in the line, which was longer than the day before. 

After you got your coffee, you walked down the streets to the beach. The fog started clearing up, and you could see the sidewalk about 15 feet ahead of you. You and Jack's arms relinked, and you leaned your head on his shoulder. The air was cool and crisp, like New York in the springtime. God you missed New York. But you'd be there in about 10 hours or so, and you were counting down the hours.

Once you reached the beach, the fog had cleared up most of the way, and clouds still covered the sky. You and Jack sat on the rock wall, and watched the waves as you finished your coffee, while talking about your childhoods. You remembered that behind 1 of the rocks in the wall, you and your friends made a hidden stash of good skipping stones. 

"So, what next?" Jack asked. "Head to main street, head to the apartment, stay here?"

"I think there's still a hidden stash of good skipping stones behind 1 on these rocks, if you want to skip some."

"Define a good stash."

"I think there're like 70 stones or so."

"Nice. When did you do that?"

"I think it took us a whole summer's worth of nights."

"Nights?"

"When there was no one on the beach so we wouldn't have to work around people."

Jack nodded in approval. "I like skipping stones. It's like throwing cards."

"Once you throw one you have to throw another?"