What Is In The Box

~JACK'S P.O.V.~

The sound of a blade slicing through packing tape ringed through the cottage, and the box was torn open. Out came another box, almost the same as the cardboard box, but a few inches shorter. However this box looked quite antique. It was made of black marble, with gold embroideries and a silver locking mechanism, with six dials. She started turning the dials, until there was a click, and the box's lid popped up. 

"I like the box," Marritt complimented.

"It's cool, isn't it?" (Y/N) said. "Bought it at an antiques store in Nebraska."

"Nice."

The first thing that she pulled out of the box was a cube of maple wood, and 6 candles. "This one's fun," she said, as she set the wood on the floor, and the candles in a hexagon around it. Then, she aligned herself so that she wasn't in front of any of the candles, and she pressed down on the top of the wood. 6 lightning bolts came out of the wood, and each bolt light one of the candles.

"Woah," Marritt exclaimed.

"That's cool," I said.

"Thank you," she replied, and she blew out the candles.

"How does it work?" I asked.

"When I press the top of the wood, it acts like a switch, and the bolts are metal rods that go through the wood, and a battery sends a powerful electric current through the rods. It's designed to be very quick, so no one sees the rods."

"Where'd you get it?"

"I had it made innnnnn...I think Minnesota, I'm not sure."

"Cool, what else do you have?" Marritt asked.

(Y/N) grouped the candles and the cube together, and set them on the side table. Next, she pulled out a small square of silk. She folded it in and out, and the material changed to cotton. She repeated the action multiple times, and the material changed into leather, denim, polyester, spandex, lace, faux fur, velvet, wool, and pleather, then she folded it one more time, and it turned into a piece of wood. "I got this at a Russian magic store in Vegas, I don't know how it works. The package didn't say. In English, anyways. I don't know Russian."

"What's this one?" Marritt asked, as he pulled out a champagne glass.

"That one," she said, and she took the glass from him, and pulled out a pair of black gloves from the box. "I got from a liquor store, funny enough. The owner made this and I told him I was an aspiring magician, so he sold it to me." She put the gloves on, and held the glass between her hands, and pulled them away. The glass moved with her hands, and it turned into a sherry glass.

"That's cool," Marritt said in awe. 

"Thanks, I have 2 more," she responded, and she put the glass and the gloves on the table. Next, she pulled out 5 fake fingers, and put them on. Then, she held her hand over the box, and a large metal sphere zoomed up to her fingers. She flipped her hand, and the orb floated over her hand.

"I'm guessing there are magnets in the fingertips?" Marritt suggested.

"Mhm," she answered. "Some of the most powerful in the world. When I turn my hand it changes the the poles and that causes it to attract or repel. Here, catch," she tossed it to him, and he caught it. She took off the fingers and set them on the table.

"Last one?" I asked her.

 "Last one," she confirmed, and she pulled out a weird looking marker. She pulled the cap off, and started drawing on the cardboard in a continuous line. Then, it firmed off, and she pulled the ink off the cardboard in a stiff sheet.