LA-Bound

1 MONTH LATER

~YOUR P.O.V.~

The story of Reign Panzer broke your heart. Every time. To hear that Jack went through that, it never failed to make your heart melt. But you were smart enough to know that Jack always had it in the back of head, and you were also smart enough to know that if it made him break down again, you had to be there for him. And he was right. He couldn't lose you too. And you planned to stay around for a long time to come. 

After that first day back in Macau, Li took you to where the 5 of you would be living, a large terrace apartment about a mile away from the Science Center. The apartment had 2 stories, a main one with the kitchen, the living room, and a bathroom; and the other story had the 5 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. However only 4 of the bedrooms were actually used, because you and Jack slept in the same room.

The relationship between you and Jack was smooth, if that makes sense. You had common respect for one another, you had similar interests, you always had fun together(not in a sexual way), your compromising skills were impeccable, and you were each each other's therapist. However the 1 annoying thing about the relationship was actually Marritt. Whenever you 2 woke up in the morning, Marritt would always ask if you 2 had "got it on" during the night, and the answer was always no. It had become so predictable that whenever he said good morning you and/or Jack would always say "Good morning, and no."

One day, on the 7th of February, you woke up early, at around 3am. Jack's arms were wrapped around you, and yours around him. He was asleep, everything seemed right. But what Jesse had told you about your old house kept running through your mind, it had been for quite some time. You planned on going to the house, of course, but what would you tell Jack? You couldn't keep this from him. Jack's potential negative responses to when you said that you'd go ran through your head. But you knew that he had respect for you, and that he'd respect your decisions. But maybe you should bring him along if he asks.

Then, about 4 hours after that, you felt Jack start to stir. You were about half asleep, and still well rested, but you were still kind of tired. You tightened your grip a noticeable amount around his waist. "You don't want me to get up?" Jack asked you in a sleepy tone.

"Mmm," you moaned. "Not yet."

"5 minutes."

"10."

"7."

"Done." You laid there for a few minutes, before you quietly spoke up. "I've been thinking about what Jesse said. About my old house in LA."

You and Jack let go of each other and sat up. "Have you decided?"

"Yeah, I did. I'm going to go."

"Then I'm going with you."

"I have no problem with that, I was just going to ask if you could come with."

"When're you going to go?" 

"In a few days. We'll be there for a couple of days then we can stop by New York for Valentines Day. You don't want to break your tradition of leaving flowers, do you?"

You saw his eyes start to tear up. 

"I'm sorry, I might've gone too far," you said, wrapping his arms around his waist, resting your chin on his shoulder.

He wrapped his arms around you. "No, not at all. It's fine."

"Then what's the problem?"

"There isn't one. It's just you're the best girlfriend I could ask for."

"Aww, thank you. I try."

He ran his finger over the scar on your shoulder. It had healed well, but there was still a long, ghostly pale scar. It stuck out of your shoulder, noticeable from a few feet away. You were planning on getting a tattoo over it, but you didn't know what to get.