My Meet With Rhodes

~YOUR P.O.V.~

The next morning, you wake up later than the morning before, around 7 or so. You grabbed your phone from the side table, which you took from Brent's apartment. You got up, and went outside into the crisp morning air. You walked up the make-shift stairs to the top of the car stack, and jumped the fence over to the upper bay. You walked along the shore, picking up the occasional skipping stone. Once you gathered about a dozen stones, some red, some grey, some brown, you started skipping them. 5 skips, 7 skips, 2 skips...you just kept going. 

You heard footsteps from behind you, and you turned to see Marritt walking towards you. "Morning," he greeted, sounding enthusiastic, but was probably just trying to sound nice.

"Morning," you responded, as you threw the seventh stone, and it skipped along the water 9 times in an arch.

"Not bad," he said. "But do you want to see me show you how it's done?"

"Show me  how it's done," you encouraged, and you gave him a gray stone.

He skipped it along the water, and it skipped a mere 2 times. You laughed. "Not bad."

You heard more footsteps, and you turn to see Jack walking to towards you. "Hey," he greeted you 2. His phone was in his hand.

"Hey," Marritt said.

"I called Dylan about you joining. He says he's seen you perform before, he thought you were a pretty good magician. Said he'd think about it and he'd get in touch with you as soon as possible. He wants to know your number."

"212-669-4543," you answer, and Jack enters it into his phone. 

"Alright, he'll call you in the span of a week."

You nodded. "Cool."

--------------------

About 2 days later, you were sitting around the cottage, bored. Jack was gone, Marritt didn't really want to talk to anyone, thus, leaving you to your own devices. So, at around noon, you changed into a pair of jeans and your leather jacket, and left the cottage. You started walking back to the city, to go to the Subway on Chambers Street. You were hungry, and it was lunch time.

You entered the Subway about half an hour later, and saw 2 FBI agents; Agent Cowan and Agent Rhodes. They were talking at the soda machine, about some investigation they were working on which was not the Four Horsemen. You waited in line for your lunch, and watched them start walking towards the door. As they did, Cowan took a sip of his drank.

"What the hell?" he exclaimed, as he removed the lid, revealing not Dr. Pepper, but small brown and white marbles. "Damn Horsemen!"

"How do you know it was a Horseman?" Rhodes asked.

"Well who else could pull that off?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe another magician?"

"Hey, other magicians are just street entertainers. These Horsemen are criminals, and I'm guessing that Mr. Atlas had something to do with this one."

You giggled, and watched Cowan burst out the door, with Rhodes close behind. As Rhodes left, however, he locked eyes with you, and winked. You started wondering, but then it was your turn to order, so you ordered. 

After you paid, you filled up your soda cup with Coke, and took a straw, and took off the paper. However, there was no straw, except for a rolled up piece of paper. You took it in your hand, and got yourself a real straw, and left the building. You snuck into a nearby alley and read the paper.

Meet me outside of the FBI building in Federal Plaza at 5 o'clock tonight. I'd like to have a short word with you. Can't make it too long, I want to avoid suspicion. -Dylan

You put the paper in your pocket, and started eating.

--------------------

At about 45:55, and you walked around the FBI building, waiting for Dylan to show up. The sidewalk was packed with people, and you struggled to see anyone that resembled the man. Then, the clock dinged, and 5 o'clock hit. You waited for a few lonesome minutes, before you heard the voice behind you. "(Y/N)," Dylan Rhodes called.

"Mr. Rhodes," you responded, and you found him a few feet behind you. 

"Hello, follow me," he instructed. You complied to his command, and followed him on Chambers Street, and he led you to the water. "So, you want to be a Horseman?"

"Yes, sir," you replied.

"Would you be willing to outrun the FBI and not communicate with them?"

"Sir, I wouldn't get in touch with them even if I wasn't a Horseman."

"Alright, well I think you've got some good skills, and I'd like to try you on stage."

"That sounds awesome."

"Alright, welcome to the team. I'll inform the Eye when I have the chance."

"Thank you."

"So where do you live?"

"For now I'm living with Marritt and Jack in Jersey City."

"Where'd you live before that?"

"With my ex-boyfriend downtown."

"Oh, why'd you break up?"

"He was abusive. Also he doesn't approve of the whole 'magic' thing, so. When I broke it off he tried to kill me. Thank God Jack found me and knocked him out before he was able to."

"He's a good guy, Jack is."

You nodded. "That he is."

--------------------

About half an hour later, you arrived back at the scrapyard. Jack and Marritt were practicing throwing cards through one of the cards. "Hey, where've you been all afternoon?" Jack greeted.

"I've been talking with Dylan. I'm in," you answered.

"Congrats," Marritt complimented, as he threw a card, and it fluttered to the ground. 

"So does she get to stay?" Jack asked him.

"Yes she does. I told you if she becomes a Horseman she stays, remember?"

"Oh, yeah," Jack replied, as he threw a card, and it soared through the car, and curved at the back, landing on the ground a few feet in front of you.

A wave of relief comes over you, and you now know that you will get to stay with them until the Eye contacts Dylan. 

"Hey, we should go get a drink," Marritt suggested. "There's a Scottish pub about a block away. It's not in New York, so I'm guessing your psycho ex-boyfriend will not be there tonight, or ever."

You shrugged. "I'm up for a scotch."

"Yeah, me too," Jack added.

"Mr. McKinney, lead the way."