Over 900 Hours of Film

~YOUR P.O.V.~

As the group drove back, you felt Jack's hand grasped yours, and your fingers entwined. You looked at him.

"What's the story?" he asked a moment later.

You sat up. "Alright. Back before my dad met my mom, he was a member of Corbet's gang. He was Corbet's left-hand man, you could say. One day, the 2 of them went to a poker-house. My mom was a drink server, and they both hit on her," you explained to him. "But my mom chose my dad. Corbet was pissed, and he threatened to kill him, so they vanished, bought the house, and had my brother, then me 3 years later. 

"After I turned 7, they started using drugs and smoking and drinking again," you continued. "Then, when I was about 11 or 12, Corbet found us. He met me and my brother at the house. He told us about how our father betrayed him or whatever. Then when we told him get the fuck out of our house, he started coming at us, and I blacked out for awhile."

"What happened to you?" Jack asked.

You shrugged. "I don't know, when I came around again I was in bed. I asked Will, he had blacked out too."

"So it's a mystery."

"Well, we can figure it out. We had installed the lamp camera about a week before, so maybe the camera was rolling. Anyways, after that, we didn't hear from Corbet until after my mom died. He called my dad to say sorry for our loss. And that's where the story ends."

"Wow. You're childhood was seriously fucked up."

You laughed. "Yeah, it was."

"The only good thing that came out of it was it made you a total badass," Riley commented. 

You laughed again. "Thanks, Riley."

The truck became quiet. You rested your head on Jack's shoulder, as the truck sped through the almost non-existent traffic. The truck pulled up in front of the apartment building, and you and Jack got out. You entered the elevator, and went up to the 12th floor. The elevator opened, and you walked to the end of the hallway. 

"What're you going to to look through first?" Jack asked. 

You looked at him, as you pulled out the keys, and unlocked the door. "I'll see what the camera has."

"You want to view them alone?"

"I don't mind if you watch." You opened the door, and walked into the apartment.

"Are you sure?" Jack asked gently. 

"Positive," you answered, as you sat at the computer, and pulled out the camera. Jack grabbed a chair from the dining area, and put it next to yours. You plugged the camera into the computer. A file on the screen popped up, and you clicked on it. In the file, laid a video and about 35 pictures. You clicked on it, and your older brother appeared. It was from right before he died, you could tell because his hair was freshly died black, and normally his hair was a funky and unnatural color. He was not in his bedroom, it looked like he was at his friend's house, in the basement.

He looked depressed, and he sounded that way too. "(Y/N)," Will began, before giving a long pause. "Good God this is the hardest thing I've ever done um...Ahg and I ditched school for this...I'm leaving you this video because I can't tell you in person. I just, can't. I'm leaving, soon. And I'm never coming back."

Tears started flooding your eyes, and you felt Jack's hand grip yours.

"I can't be who I really am around mom and dad," he continued, and his eyes too started watering up. "I've known this, for a while now, and I think you have too." He dug his face into his hands, and after a long moment of silence, he continued. "I'm gay, Baby Girl. I am! I wish I could tell you, but you know how mom and dad are. Homophobic, and all."