Back to Herself

~JACK'S P.O.V.~

Watching the tapes with (Y/N) were torturous. It wasn't the tapes that were torturous, it was how it affected her. I hated it when she cried. But, as her boyfriend, it was my job to comfort her in such times. She was going to do the same thing for me in New York. 

I arrived back at the apartment from getting the pizza, beer, and her favorite candy bar. I had called Jesse, and asked him where the best pizza in the area was. Jesse told me that there was a bar on West Washington, and that he knew the owner. If I told the owner Do you have any specialty house beers, he'd bring me to the basement, where there was a secret pizza and beer takeout place, only the usual customers knew about it. 

I walked into the apartment, with the candy on top of the pizza box in one hand, and the 6-packs in the other. Yes, I do know I said "a" 6-pack, but I couldn't decide whether to get a Blonde or a Porter(I knew she liked both), so I got both. I walked into the bedroom, where (Y/N) laid on the left side of the bed, watching the movie. Just how I left her. 

She looked at me. "2 6-packs? Quite adventurous."

"Yeah, I didn't know which you'd prefer at a time like this, so I got both."

"Aww, thanks, babe." She studied the 6-pack package. "Jiji's?"

I nodded, and sat down next to her. "Jesse told me. I called him to ask for a good pizza place where I could take-out."

She smiled, and cuddled up close to me. "God I spent so much time there when I was younger. But, I'm assuming that Jesse told you that already." 

I nodded, and we watched the movie, while eating, drinking, and giving the occasional peck on the lips. Short, sweet, and normally tasted like a mix of pizza and beer. 

After Fast Five finished, we cleaned up. I could tell that (Y/N) had gotten a lot better. The tears had stopped, and she had returned to her normal self again. It was a good thing too, I missed it, for the 3 hours it was gone.

It was about 2 in the afternoon. The sun was still out, but a few clouds hung in the sky. Not that it mattered. We left the apartment, and walked down to the beach. Apparently, she spent a lot of time there during summer vacation, winter break, and spring break. 

After taking off our shoes and socks, we walked through the wet sand that was close to the water. (Y/N) was playing a playlist of her favorite songs, and we kind of danced along. I looked around the surround area, and observed a dark burn mark on the rock wall. She did, too, and laughed.

"What?" I asked.

"We did that," she replied, walking up to the burn. "It was Christmas of 2005. Me, Tom, Jesse, Will, Riley, and Riley's girlfriend Jane came down here with a ton of firewood, some lighter fluid, gasoline, and some matches. One of the funnest days of my life. We all stood around the fire, ate pizza and drank hot chocolate, and sung Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance. Yes, we burned the wall a little bit, but we were to happy-high to care. I think the SD card with all of the pictures is still with the camera, I'll have to check when we get back."

"Are Riley and Jane still-"

"No. She kinda went to the dark side. Started breaking into liquor shacks and nicotine stores. Riley knew he couldn't date a criminal, so he dumped her and told the police. It broke his heart but he knew it was the right thing to do."

"What happened to Jane?"

"Well, she went to jail for a few months, then a few years later she went to prison for pedophilia and illegal drug distribution."

"She still there?"

"Yup. She doesn't get out for another 5 years or so. But she brought it on herself, so."