chapter 3

Alhamdulillaah. This chapter is dedicated to DAZZLING_NEHU for being the first to comment. thanks a lot for your comments. It was really an encouragement. Jazaakallaahu khairan for your efforts. Thanks a lot to all those who voted. It really helped. Enjoy please.

As Najwa's parents' car exited from the hostel premises, another elegant black Toyota Tundra had entered. It's engine not killed and still running. It's driver, a handsome young man with his cap hiding his scalp, spotting a nicely trimmed beard, quietly observed another creature from afar. Attraction oozing from him towards that beautiful creature. His eyes shining with admiration. He was so concentrated that he was oblivious to the fact that his cousin stared wide-eyed at him and with mouth agape, surprised her big cousin could stare at a woman like that. She had never seen him in such a state of oblivion just because of a woman until now. She was baffled. Mostly because he was one who always lowers his gaze and refuses to look at the opposite sex twice. He definitely doesn't ogle like that. She fixed her gaze back on the lady her cousin was so smitten by and realised she was indeed a beauty. She had wide eyes and small dark lips, her hijab wrapped loosely around her head such that her hair was visible enough to anyone who wanted to take a look and had an annoying look on her face as she talked animatedly to another lady in niqaab. The other lady's whole body was  covered with only her white wide eyes visible. The beauty in hijaab was throwing her hands about as she talked with the niqaabi.

****
"Why can't you just leave me in peace. What have I done to deserve this..And what can you even help me with. Have you helped yourself enough to do same for me?.. Get this straight. Where we are right now, am going to treat you as if I don't know you and you better do same if you know what's good for you." Salma said with so much venom after Najwa had asked if she could help her with anything. Najwa stood quietly processing what her sister said as Salma walked off. How is she supposed to treat her own sister as a stranger on campus. She surely can't do that. Not at all.

****
Samira had already concluded not only does the lady wrap her hijab loosely enough to expose bits of her hair, she was also rude towards another muslimah. She frowned when she gazed at her cousin and he still had his eyes on the lady as she walked off. She still couldn't get how her so religious a cousin could let his guard down and stare like that. It's completely outrageous. She annoying poked him in his side with her elbow to draw his attention back on her and screamed.

" Subhanallaah, Adam. Lower your gaze please." Adam suddenly jolted from his trance at his cousin's reminder. He felt guilty and so he looked everywhere but at his cousin's face before killing the engine of his car. They sat silently. But he knew she was not going to end it there. He was going to get a piece of her mind any time from now. He groaned when she started to talk.

"My goodness. Haven't you seen a woman before. You are supposed to lower your gaze right?" She questioned rhetorically. "You of all people? I'm really disappointed"  she retorted angrily. At this, his guilt increased a tenfold. He felt really bad as he was someone his cousin always looked up to when it comes to matters of the Deen.

"I'm sorry" he muttered softly in his smooth voice after a bit of silence. He could see the disappointment written all over Samira's face when he looked at her.

" Sorry for yourself". She whispered enough for him to hear as she opened the door.
"You better seek Allaah's pardon not mine" she suggested before getting out of the car. Adam just wiped his face with his palm as if to wipe off the guilt and shame he felt. He whispered an 'ASTAGFIRULLAAH' sincerely from his heart. But then, the damaged had already been done, because the image of that beauty refused to leave his mind. He had it etched on his memory. 'She's really a beauty, Maasha Allaah. Indeed, Allaah is the best of creators.' He thought.