Chapter 16

Samira's face was full of smiles after she witnessed what transpired between her dear friend and brother. She knew this time her brother wasn't going to support his wife from the smile on his face as he walked off and the shaken self of her friend. She has won fair and squarely yet again.

Her smile widened as she thought of all those replica of Najwa and her brother running around in their home calling her aunty. It would be such a great feeling to be called an aunt. That dream with the will of Allaah was going to become a reality. If her dream of seeing her brother married to her friend became a reality, then her dream of becoming an aunt will be of no exception. In shaa Allaah it will be achieved.

She watched her friend's surprise striken form and she almost regretted what she did. But it all will be for her own good. For her happiness. Which she deserved so much. It was going to be something that would totally cement the love between her friend and her brother. Then, no one would be able to separate them. Salma to be precise. That devil incarnate herself. She would deal with her mercilessly if she makes any attempt to destroy their hard earned happiness. Even if it will hurt Najwa badly. She simply couldn't allow just about anyone to disrupt the happiness between her brother and her friend. In shaa Allaah, she was going to protect their relationship as she would do hers. She doesn't care even if people will term it an unnecessary interference in their affairs. For Allaah's sake this is her brother and Najwa's welfare we are talking about.

She looked again at Najwa who was deeply rooted in place still in shock. She was sure her friend was absolutely taken aback by what her husband said. One might think Najwa was exaggerating but Samira knowing her friend really well knows she isn't. Small things usually rock her friend to the core. And this was no exception. She was usually affected by unimportant things.

Samira touched her friend at the shoulder to take her out of her now confused state. But in her trance, her friend seemed to be unaware of her sister-in-law's effort to draw her attention.

Samira turned Najwa around to face her and she was surprised to see tears in her eyes. Had it gotten to that extent? Najwa could cry because of this issue? Indeed, her friend was soft. If she, Samira was in this situation she would have sat down to devise strategies to avoid it instead of crying. But she wasn't and Najwa was. And that was the problem.

"Hey, don't cry. It has gotten to that." Samira consoled trying to wipe the tears she saw in her friend's eyes.

"Do you see the trouble you've brought to me. How could you do that?" Najwa finally spoke. Her hands shaking frantically out of frustration and worry. Samira sighed at how pain striken her friend was. She almost felt sorry for her. But knew at the end Najwa was going to smile. She took solace in that and tried to console her once again.

"But it was something that was supposed to happen. It would have eventually. Just let it happen Naj." Samira convinced but Najwa shook her head in disagreement.

"You should have waited for everything to happen naturally. What I'm I going to do now? I'm scared." She voiced out her fear. Looking at her friend in the eye. Samira indeed saw the fear and doubt in her friend's eye and pitied her.

"Just relax." Samira cautioned

"You make it sound so easy. But It's not. How can I relax?" Najwa complained bitterly.

"But I thought you love him." Samira said testing the waters.

"Of course I do. I love him so much." Najwa almost screamed it out. How can her friend seem to doubt that fact? She thought they were in this together.

"Ok. And I believe you trust him too. So just relax. Besides I'm sure he suggested to see you in the nighties and that's all. Nothing else." Samira explained