Fourteen

Wonwoo stood outside the bubble tea store, his hands nervously drumming on the back of his phone, almost shitting himself with nervousness.

He was waiting for Mingyu to arrive; the two were going on a date, and if present day Wonwoo had travelled back in time to visit past Wonwoo to tell him this was actually happening, past Wonwoo would have definitely not believed a word. Even present day Wonwoo, who was actually about to experience a date with Mingyu, was still having trouble believing he wasn't dreaming.

Mingyu had chosen to go to a bubble tea store personally. Wonwoo had given him the choice of date because Wonwoo was completely clueless when it came to dating, and would frankly go on a date in a sewer or a minefield if it was with Kim Mingyu. Also, Wonwoo basically never left the house so he had no idea whatsoever where good places to go on dates were, and judging by the pastel coloured front of the store, with a few comfortable looking places to sit inside and outside, Mingyu had picked a good place.

The date had been arranged to take place at one thirty, but Wonwoo had been so excited and nervous about the date that he had decided to arrive a good forty five minutes early. He had been waiting for fifteen minutes and was getting more and more impatient by the second.

First dates were a completely new experience for Wonwoo, as he had never been even noticed to be asked out, and if he had, he only had eyes for Mingyu so the date would have almost definitely been turned down. He had showered twice that morning, tried on a total of seven different outfits and used up a whole bottle of cologne. He had woken up at three in the morning out of pure nervousness, and was extremely tired, having gone to sleep at two with a total of one hour of sleep.

Wonwoo's headphone was roughly pulled out from his ear and he turned around to see the culprit. Mingyu stood behind him, grinning.

"Hey," Mingyu said, "you're early."

"So are you," said Wonwoo, pulling his other earphone out, "you aren't meant to be here for another twenty seven minutes."

"I thought it would be nice to meet you here as you arrived," Mingyu laughed, sheepishly rubbing a hand on the back of his neck, "but you screwed that plan up."

"I know, I'm such an asshole for being excited for our date," Wonwoo commented, rolling his eyes, but smiling anyway.

The younger boy laughed. "Is this your first date or something?" he asked.

"Shut up," said Wonwoo, burying his face in dark grey sweater paws, "let's just get bubble tea already."

The two boys entered the shop, and Wonwoo looked around. The walls were painted in an array of pastel-like colours; one wall a baby blue, the other mint green, one pastel purple, and the wall closest to Wonwoo was painted a light pink reminiscent of Jihoon's hair.

"What do you want to order?" Mingyu asked, pulling his wallet from his jeans pocket and smiling at Wonwoo.

"Uh, whatever, I guess," Wonwoo replied, shrugging. He had never even had boba before, let alone visited this place in particular, but he didn't want to appear as a complete recluse (though he was) so pretended to be simply indifferent.

Mingyu seemed to see right through his act, laughing at the other's feeble pretence and recommending the peach or the strawberry. Wonwoo decided on the strawberry.

"I'm paying," Mingyu said before the two had even reached the counter.

"Are you sure?" Wonwoo asked, holding out his wallet, "I'll pay for mine."

"Nah," dismissed Mingyu, "it's my treat."

Wonwoo thanked Mingyu with a large smile and an 'I'll pay for next time', which resulted in the taller boy wiggling his eyebrows, smugly saying 'so you've decided there'll be a next time already?' Wonwoo rolled his eyes for the second time in the past five minutes. and Mingyu ordered two strawberry bubble teas and two slices of red velvet cake, handing the cashier the money.