Twenty

Wonwoo had slightly hoped that Junhui and Minghao wouldn't follow up on the double date idea, because he imagined double dates to be excruciatingly awkward, but to Wonwoo's dismay they had gone along with the idea. So there Wonwoo was, dressed up 'fancily' in skinny jeans and some kind of smart jacket at a table in a fancy restaurant next to Mingyu, with Junhui and Mingho opposite for what he assumed was going to make it into the top five most uncomfortable moments of his life.

Wonwoo hadn't been looking forward to the date itself, but he was glad it was somewhere fancy because Mingyu looked fucking glorious in a suit. However, functioning in somewhere fancy was a concept completely foreign to Wonwoo, whose most extravagant meal was probably Mingyu's homemade lasagne. Wonwoo was still overwhelmed by the sheer amount of cutlery on the table, and found himself nearly sobbing at the fact that there were no chopsticks or familiar looking utensils on the clean white tablecloth to be found.

"Wonwoo," Mingyu whispered, poking his arm and looking worriedly at the other, "do you have any idea what to do in a fancy restaurant?"

Wonwoo grimaced and shook his head. "I was relying on you."

"We're fucked," Mingyu sighed, clutching his head in his hands.

They looked up as a waiter arrived at the table, with neat hair and a pristine white apron, carrying four menus.  "Hello, my name is Taemin and I'll be your waiter for tonight," he introduced, passing the menus to each of the people on the table, "just wave your hand when you're ready to order."

He left the table, leaving them to open the menu. Mingyu raised his eyebrows.

"I only bought 30,000 won," he sighed, "that's only enough to buy dessert."

"Same," chorused the rest of the table.

"Let's just get dessert, then," suggested Minghao, "I guess it is too expensive."

"I swear to God if it's like typical fancy food and there's hardly anything on the plate," said Junhui, shaking his head, "look at the shit that's on the menu. Chocolate foam, like, what the fuck is that?"

"Should I call the waiter back, then?" asked Minghao, "maybe he can recommend something filling?"

Mingyu leant over the table and tapped on Junhui's arm to get the couple opposite's attention. "Do you guys have any idea what the fuck we're doing here?"

Minghao shook his head. "I think you are meant to use your cutlery from the outside in? That is all I know."

"They don't even have chopsticks," Wonwoo sighed, shaking his head.

"I'll ask the waiter," Mingyu decided, raising his hand.

"I might order the chocolate foam," hummed Minghao, peering at the menu and smiling at his choice.

Junhui's trademark smirk reappeared on his face and he slung an arm over Minghao's shoulders. "That's not the only foamy thing you're g-"

A disapproving clearing of somebody's throat interrupted Junhui in the middle of his sentence, to Wonwoo's relief because he didn't particularly want to have to bleach his ears that night. They looked up to see the waiter looking at them with raised eyebrows. Minghao blushed a shade of pink from second hand embarrassment and hid his face in his hands.

"Did you want to order?" asked the waiter, still giving Junhui a strange look.

"Oh, we just wanted-" Mingyu began, before stopping halfway through his sentence to put a hand over his face and close his eyes.

"Sir?" asked the waiter, a little confused.

The table was silent for a few seconds more, before Mingyu turned around and promptly sneezed all over the waiter's arm.