uh

after what felt like forever of staring, Ryan, Edwin's dad said, "well, let's get to the beach!" He smiled.

"sounds fun, Kylee get the towels and maybe some blankets, it's chilly out there" my mom said. "and ky, put a different shirt on please" my mom added and I rolled my eyes.

I ran upstairs to my room with Cassie behind me. as soon as we got to my room she shut the door and screamed.

"Ky, that's Edwin! your Edwin!" She said louder than needed. As I scrambled threw my drawers and said, "no," I looked up. "that was my Edwin; the old Edwin." I said.

Cassie was silent. I threw on a pink long sleeved t-shirt and grabbed blankets as my mom instructed.

"you should try and get to know him again; you know. that would be a good story to tell your kids" Cassie laughed. we started walking out of my room and I looked back at her and said, "yes, Cassie. tell our kids that the person who hurt me the most is there dad." Cassie's eyes lit up...

I looked back in front of me, at the bottom of the stairs was Edwin. he just heard our whole conversation.

that was embarrassing...

I walked right past him like I said nothing and handed my mom the blankets. "that's a better shirt for a high school graduate" she laughed. although I didn't think it was that funny.

my family and Edwin's family walked down to the beach, and our parents were talking about school and gosh, I hoped they didn't mention how we use to be together; better yet I hoped they didn't even remember.

we all laid down blankets, and Brent and Edwin ran into the ocean. Cassie and I took our time, we come down here practically everyday.

I took my shirt off and stood there in my black bikini and my messy bun, waiting for Cassie, who was fixing her hair. cassie had a bikini on as well.

we both walked slowly into the ocean. "ahh" Cassie screamed. "It's cold!" We both said at the same time and laughed.

Brent and Edwin kept glancing at us, while splashing each other. Cassie looked at me and whispered "let's go over there" she said and took my arm. "no cas" I said although she had a tight grip on my arm as she pulled me toward them anyways.

"hi" Cassie said approaching them, dragging me behind her. "Cassie!" I mumbled and rolled my eyes.

"hello" Brent said with a weird face. "umm I'm just trying to be nice," Cassie said and rolled her eyes.

it was silent for awhile. "hi again kylee" Edwin broke the silence. I looked away fighting the urge to walk away. "umm, before you sass me for being rude, you should make sure your sister isn't rude" Brent said and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't know why your not answering, you were talking to me fine at the restaurant," Edwin said and shrugged. "I was doing my job, I'm already screamed at by the minute, if I was like this at work toward you, my butt would be thrown out!" I said and walked away from them, and Cassie.

I could tell Cassie was sassing them. I walked over to my mom and Edwin's parents and grabbed a towel. "already down ky?" my mom asked and I rolled my eyes, grabbed my shirt and walked back up to my house.

I didn't want to deal with Edwin. at all. he left me for another girl and I know i sound selfish; but I thought it'd last...

I felt so stupid. as I approached my house I threw my shirt back on and took my hair out of a bun. my hair was slightly curly, but I was freezing so I sat on my patio wrapped in a blanket, watching Edwin, Brent and Cassie.

Cassie didn't look as mad anymore; she was splashing around and jumping in waves with them, she was smiling as were Edwin and Brent.

I felt so stupid. I was mad, at Cassie. she was suppose to be on my side, but she isn't anymore. she is becoming friends with them. I couldn't stand it for some reason...

& the reason was because I wanted to be down there with them; splashing and jumping in waves. laughing, and being happy, with Edwin...

but I wasn't. I was wrapped in a blanket; frozen & alone.