Terrified

that night we all fell asleep for a couple hours. but with how loud and scary the rain and wind sounded, we couldn't sleep.

we played a board game they had down there, we had flashlights and blankets, water and snacks, we sang songs, and we had each other; that was enough.

after almost all of the next day, Ashely got an alert on her phone that said all was safe.

we all went back inside, it was still raining and it was almost flooding.

"well I never really got to finish my banking, so I'm gonna head back over to the bank and run to a couple stores, next me if you need anything" Ashely said and headed out.

Edwin and I were laying down in his bed. I was on the computer and he was taking a bunch of snapchats.

after a couple hours of doing nothing we went back into the kitchen

I was wearing black joggers and a dark red t-shirt with hair my down.

Edwin had a grey t-shirt on with black pants.

we decided to make macaroni.

"we're going to a all night party, it starts now and ends late at night" Brent said holding Chloe's hand.

"never heard of that but, have fun" Edwin laughed.

after they left we started dancing around the kitchen.

Shawn mendes was playing.

"you know, one day our kids are gonna be dancing around with us" Edwin laughed.

we started kissing and forgot about the macornoi.

we both ran over to the pot that was boiling. we stared at it then at each other and started laughing.

I cleaned up the water and we ended up ordering a pizza.

while we waited for the pizza we laid on his couch watching tv, and the rain that was still coming down outside.

it was silent; but the kind of silent that was good. the kind of silence where you felt safe; the kind of silence that helped you to believe all the people who told you it would be okay. the kind of silence; where you felt safe.

& it was even safer to know that the love of my life was sitting right next to me.

the doorbell rang and I was taken out of my thoughts.

I ran to the door with my credit card in my hand and Edwin was behind me with his; who was gonna pay?

I got there first but Edwin grabbed my arms and answered the door.

"here you go!" I said extending my arm.

we were both laughing, and the pizza guy looked confused. he was an old man, but he smiled.

"Kylee Renee Burgos, I'm buying you dinner" Edwin joked.

I laughed and shook my Edwin.

"no Edwin Burgos I'm buying you dinner" I laughed.

"you know when we get married we won't have these problems" Edwin laughed and handed the pizza guy the his credit card.

I laughed and took the pizza.

"thank you for ordering papa johns, and best of luck to you guys and your future. I can tell you guys love each other, happily ever after is real, 48 years with my wife," the pizza guy said and winked.

that made me happy.

he was right; because he clearly had a happily ever after. & i was hoping that I would too.

Edwin and I are our pizza and threw Parmesan cheese at each other.

we were having an amazing time and the doorbell rang; again.

I threw away the pizza box and Edwin ran to answer the door.

"hi, is Kylee Renee here?" I heard someone say.

I didn't recognize the voice...

"Kylee, babe come here" Edwin said.

I turned the corner and Edwin's face was shocked.

I saw what he was shocked at and my heart stopped...