very scared

"Ashely?" I mumbled.

"I don't know where Edwin is" she finally spoke.

"what do you mean?" I said worried.

"Ryan and I told Edwin we were getting a divorce because Ryan had met someone else. Edwin said 'the second I get my life back together, it falls apart again. I asked him what that meant, he said I got Kylee back, almost. I thought I'd be happy after not having her, and now this happens. he grabbed a sweatshirt and left. on his way out he mumbled Kylee Renee Clark." Ashely said between sobs.

I didn't know what to say.

"I-" I started to say.

"no, come here Kylee." She said grabbing my hand.

she led me into Edwin's room.

"read this letter," Ashley said handing me a piece of paper.

dear Kylee,
I don't want to go. I hope you know that. I don't love anyone except you. I may get a girlfriend, or go on dates, but I'm in love with you. & I know one day we'll see each other again. & when that day comes I may hug you. but no that I'm gonna marry you. if I could right now, I would. but we have our lives ahead of us. well at least you do. you have somewhere you want to go with your life, as for me, I just wanna go wherever you are. I love you, Kylee. I'm in love with you. you made me believe in love again. I don't think two people could be happier then we've been, i really will miss you. I know that you know it's hard to miss someone, but I hope you do okay. God has a funny way of teaching you things; and well, you taught me everything I needed to know about love. you are my love. & remember even the best fall down sometimes; even the stars refuse to shine, and even the wrong words seem to rhyme. stay safe & stay you. because there's nobody in this world more perfect than you.

the letter read, with a picture attached.

My eyes teared up.

"where do you think he is?" I asked.

"I don't know, Kylee, but I do know that your probably the only person he would want to lay eyes on," Ashely said wiping her eyes.

"I'll go look everywhere I can think of," I smiled threw my tears.

"tell him I'm sorry, and that I love him" Ashley said crying.

"I will" I said putting my arm on her shoulder.

I left Edwin's house and tried to think about anywhere he could be.

after so long of thinking I started to ride my bike slowly around the town.

no sign of Edwin.

then it hit me; I knew where Edwin was!

I rode my bike to where I figured her may be.

when we were dating he took me to an abandoned park. it had a swing set, but everything else was covered with blankets and it was all broken.

the playground was right on the beach, but was somehow hidden. I jumped off my bike as I rode up to the fence you had to jump to get in.

I ran as fast as possible and jumped over the fence.

It was basically pitch black outside and I didn't want to say anything in case any homeless people where hiding here.

I didn't have my phone, or a flash light but I walked silently toward the equipment.

I saw someone's back, I assumed it was Edwin so I walked up behind them.

the person jumped and turned around.

I was terrified.