oh boy

"Kylee?" Edwin said the same time I said "Edwin?"

his eyes were red.

"oh my gosh, Edwin!" I said and went in to hug him, but he pushed me away.

"don't hug me Kylee" he said and stepped away from me.

"what?" I said confused.

"you only want me when you need me" Edwin said crying.

"but I still love you," he added.

i rolled my eyes.

"where gonna do this again?" I sighed.

"do what agin? kylee, you came back because you needed me! your boyfriend dumped you, your moms pissed at you, Cassie's mad, your dad had another daughter and your brothers, who the hell knows where they are. so, I'm all you've got so your gonna come running back, but you know what, I'm not here for you anymore. I'm done being your go to person when your my oxygen!" Edwin said crying.

"don't even play that game with me!" I said back.

"Play what game? Kylee, you need to understand that I'm done!" Edwin said.

"I'm done waiting for you" Edwin said.

"waiting for me?" I said loudly.

"I waited for you for two and a half years! and this is what I get?" I yelled.

"no, after your boyfriend broke up with you, you ran to the guy at the yogurt shop. you clearly haven't been waiting" Edwin said.

"how do you know that?" I said.

"I saw you. I was looking for you, but I guess I realized you didn't care about me the way I care about you." he said.

"Edwin, I've never talked to Cameron the kid at the yogurt shop before, I didn't even hug him. he just asked why I was crying." I said sadly.

"I love you. I'm in love with you and when will you realize that?" I said.

"if I didn't love you I wouldn't have waited for you to come back" I said with my tears coming down my face.

it was silent.

"I'm sorry Edwin" I said.

"I shouldn't have been in a relationship, I should have been nicer to you. I'm such a bad person" I cried.

"Kylee, you did nothing wrong. you have the right of way in this argument, I left and I shouldn't have. i made you feel bad, and I shouldn't have. all you did was try to live, but I've got you now, and I'm not letting you go again" Edwin said crying.

"no Edwin, I'm so sorry. I honestly should have been-" I started to say, but Edwin interrupted me by kissing me.

I'd never felt happier.

after a very long time, we both pulled away and smiled at each other.

"that was the best way to tell me to shut up" I laughed.

"am I forgiven?" Edwin laughed.

"I could never stay mad at you" he said and we hugged.

"remember when we use to come down here when we were middle schoolers" Edwin said looking at the swing set.

I laughed.

"yeah, nobody knew where we were, but we were together so that's all that mattered" I smiled.

"yeah, we use to have contests on who could swing the higher, until your broke your foot jumping off" Edwin laughed.

"or this tree here, it says E.D.B + K.R.C = Best friends forever! :) remember how long that took to write" I laughed looking at our tree.

"yeah" Edwin laughed.

"your my best friend" he added looking at me.

"your my best friend as well, Burgos" I laughed.

he walked over to me and kissed me again.

we both pulled away.

"so, is kedwin taking on the world again?" I said as we both sat down on the swings.

"kedwin against the world" Edwin said grabbing my hand and holding it up.

I smiled.

my happiness.