5: Sandy Shores

I walked outside of my house to find Trevor in his Bodhi waiting for me. I was wearing a cheap, purple and blue sundress that went down to the middle of my thighs, and tan sandals. He examined me before I jumped into the passenger seat, setting my purse down on the floor of the truck.

My dress raised up a little when I took my seat, and I could see Trevor examining my exposed thighs. I raised my eyebrow at him and smirked. "You look sexy." Trevor murmured.

I winked at him before he slammed on the gas, and we started to book it for Sandy Shores. We blew through red lights and listened to Channel X, jamming out, and cussing at bad drivers. During the ride, I turned to him and grinned, staring at his sexy lips. He didn't seem to notice me eye-fucking him. Good. I turned my head and looked out at the horizon as he drove, feeling comfortable and relaxed with Trevor.

--

We arrived at Sandy Shores.

It was definitely sandy, that was for sure.

There weren't many residents, or many homes. Most of what I saw were run-down trailers surrounded by weak fencing, along with grown out weeds and muddy lawns.

The folks out here were all rednecks, which made me shift in my seat uncomfortably. Being half-Filipino meant getting shit from these types of people.

Trevor and I stopped at a gas station to refill the tank, and while he went inside to pay and get some snacks and drinks for us, my fears became a reality as a large woman with messy brown hair in nothing but a tank top and shorts approached me, pointing a fat finger at me with a disgusted expression. "What're you doing out here, you ching-chong?"

"Fuck off, porky," I growled. "Or I'll jump out of this truck and kick your ass."

Another person who was filling up their tank overheard and pointed their shotgun at me. "Fuckin Asian, get the fuck outta here."

I hesitated, turning to see Trevor as he walked out with handfuls of drinks and snacks. He seemed to realize what was going on and growled, throwing the items into my lap and took out a gun. "You making fun of her? Huh?"

"What's she doing in our town, huh? Are you some sorta Jap lover?"

"First of all, she isn't Japanese!"

"I'm Filipino. Half." I spoke softly.

"Yeah, see! Half! Filipino! And second of all, fuck you!" he shouted. "Bunch of racist imbreds! She barely even looks Asian, but that's not the point!" he pulled a gun out. "Can't handle people who don't fit your description of normal? Huh?! GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE! BEFORE I KILL YOU! ALL OF YOU!" He growled as the people scrambled into their vehicles and fled. I turned to look at Trevor, my savior, with a blush littering my cheeks.

"Thank you."

"I understand how it's like to be judged from being different, sweetheart. I'm Canadian, and people think that it doesn't make me fucking good enough for this country! How dare people think that?!" he growled. "Stupid, stupid, stupid idiots!" he was all flustered now. I grinned.

"You're pretty awesome."

"Thanks, sweet-ass."

I snorted. "What's with the names?"

"What's with the questions?" he was driving off now. I picked up one of the chip bags he threw on me and a can of Sprunk. I started downing it, realizing how thirsty I was. He snatched it from my hands and took a big gulp, then handed it back to me.

"We're here," he spoke, pulling into a driveway of a trailer. I turned to look at it and smiled. "Home sweet home?"

"Oh, you have no idea, sweetie." He spoke. "RON!" he shouted as he walked around the trailer to the neighbor's trailer. "RON, GOD DAMMIT GET OUT HERE! I WANT YOU TO MEET SOMEONE!"