7: Thermal Charge

Beep beep beep beep beep beep beep!

I groaned and rolled over in my bed, stabbing the alarm clock with the long knife I kept under my pillow, creating a gaping hole in the now broken alarm clock and a giant scratch in the wood of the nightstand. Oh well.

What the fuck. It was 6:00AM and I had to get ready, then drive over to Sandy Shores. I should have just asked Trevor if I could stay over at his house, but last night I got pretty hammered after killing Gerald. It had been a while since I had made a surprise visit to a dealer, and I guess my anger had gotten the best of me. I would have usually had the Vagos pay him a little visit, but it was personal. I felt personally disgraced.

I rolled out of bed and put on a black pair of jeans, black sneakers and a black tank top. I put on a little makeup first before I headed out. I usually didn't do makeup, but I was definitely in the mood to today. I gave myself a smoky eye look with winged eyeliner, and used a blush that would make my cheekbones look more defined. I applied red lipstick and finished it with a nice gloss, and put my hair in a ponytail. My hair drooped from the weight, and I cursed to myself, reminding myself I needed a haircut. Bad. My hair was so long it got in the way for my lifestyle, even though it was absolutely gorgeous. . .But hey, gotta sacrifice sometimes.

I grabbed my keys and headed to my garage, stepping into my Reaper. It was a metallic purple with a pearlescent cream layer, which made the car look smooth and sophisticated. It was absolutely gorgeous from its long spoiler to its limo tinted windows, and its nice Xenon headlights.

My garage door opened and I drove out, starting to head north. I had a few armored vests in the trunk of my car, and enough snacks to help me recover. I yawned and started to make the long venture out, wondering what Trevor was wearing today.

--

When I got to the meet-up point, Trevor was already there. He was leaning on his car, which was so well-hidden it took me a while to actually realize he was there. His car was parked behind a bunch of dying, large plants about fifteen feet from the freeway exit. I parked my car next to his and checked the time. 8:15. I was early.

I stepped out of my car and walked over to his Bodhi, leaning on it with him. He turned to look at me. "Hm, you're early."

"So are you."

"Well isn't that convenient." He spat defensively, I looked at his outfit. A deep purple bowling shirt with black pants, paired with dark brown shoes. He actually dressed decently today. "So what happened with that Lamar kid?"

"Scared him shitless, killed his friend." I shrugged. "Same ol, same ol."

He scanned me, then turned his head to look back at the freeway. Not too much traffic, but there were still people cutting each other off and cussing each other out, middle fingers were occasionally drawn and crazy insults like "Shit dick" and "You piece of shit!" poured out of the vehicles. The sun was already out, and it was already a bit warm, and I was thankful I was wearing a tank top. I regretted the particular color, of course, because it made things a tad toastier for me.

I ran my foot through the dirt, a small cloud of dust poofing upwards and being taken by the wind, the toes of my boot now a light brown color. I heard the tiny rocks scrape against each other with each sway of my foot. Things were quiet between Trevor and I, so I decided to speak.

"You look nice."

"Glad you think so, sweetcheeks. I did it for you." he shifted his weight to another foot and leaned back on his truck.

I felt my cheeks heat up, so I looked away. Charmer, I see. "Oh, nice."

The air grew warmer as the time passed. I was silently enjoying Trevor's presence, not saying a word as I popped my trunk open, walking up to it at the front of my Reaper. The engine of the car was in the back instead of the front.