25: Business Partners

I woke up to the feeling of a finger in my side, I groaned and rolled over. "No," I said with a breathy sigh. He chuckled.

"No?"

"No," I spoke simply. Last night, after merging our businesses and celebrating with drugs and alcohol, I was exhausted. All I wanted to do today was sleep in, snuggled up against him, but from what I could see he was already dressed to go somewhere. Actually, I wasn't even sure how long he'd been up for, and if he ran a few errands before waking me up. "Why are you dressed?" I murmured, grabbing the pillow on his side of the bed and holding it close to my chest. It was cold, so I put the blanket over it and hugged it once more.

He sat next to me, his fingers running through my hair. "I had Wade and Ron set up shop for a new Reaper shipment, I also had them talk to Maurice on the phone since they'll probably all be working with each other a lot more often."

"Yeah, especially Ron," I spoke with a yawn. "Kay, now get in the bed and replace this pillow so I can snuggle you instead."

"Nope, time to go to work, babydoll," he spoke, standing up and pulling the blankets which I, despite my groggy state, reached out and snatched before he could pull them fully off of me. I started to audibly whine, pulling them closer as he snickered. "This isn't like you."

"Yeah, because you've never made me cranky by waking me up like this," I snapped. "If I don't get my sleep, you will pay."

He stared at me for a quiet minute, eyes boring into my own. It was hard for me to keep an angry face, and the longer I tried, the longer it felt noticeably false and silly. I couldn't help but crack a grin. "Fuck you," I spoke as a lame attempt to hold my already lost ground.

"Oh, we can do that, too, today, if you get the fuck outta bed."

I tilted my head to the side. We were still one-handedly fighting over the blanket. "If we're going to fuck, don't we need a bed to do it?"

"We also have my airplane hangar, my truck, your truck or any of your billion cars, your warehouses, or-"

"Nope, never my warehouses, I keep professional."

"But yes to my airplane hangar?" He seemed confused by this. "It's technically also one of your places of work, too."

I snorted. "Well, we already have had sex there once so it's already been tainted."

"Tainted? I'll have you know that what we do is far from dirty, and I'll also have you know that you won't be doing what we do if you don't get out of this goddamn bed!" He yanked on the blanket. I yanked back.

"Your words just sounded like one big pile of mush," I spoke. "Therefore I don't have to listen to them."

"I'm saying you won't be getting some if you don't get up," He spoke. "Stop fighting me and just get up!"

"I haven't gotten that turnt in a while, Trev," I spoke with a sigh, referring to the night before. "I can't even remember what I did."

"Oh," he spoke with wide eyes and a hanging jaw before he smirked, his eyes holding this arrogantly pleased demeanor. His body language changed. "Oh, Luce."

"What?" I gasped, letting go of the blanket to put my hand over my mouth, sitting up in the bed, but when I released the blanket, Trevor went flying backwards into the door frame. He grunted, but straightened himself out and threw the blanket in front of the closet. He shook his head and watched me incredulously.

"You kept trying to call Michael to tell him off and tell him you were my gal, I only stopped you because I knew you'd be so humiliated the next morning and blame me for not stopping you."